Fetch

**Dylan's POV

"Boy get your ass down here!" My dad yells from the down stairs. His deep voice echos in my head as a shiver shoots down my spine.

"C-c-coming dad!" I dash out of my room and down the stairs. My feet still aching from the thumbtacks earlier.

"Get your nice clothes on. I'm taking you to my work. You don't have school today because of the fucking snow, so get to it."

"Dad I can stay home alo-"

"Don't you fucking dare talk back to me you little shit. You listen here and listen well, you are going to stay in my work place and not make a fuckin noise, if you do, I'll slaughter you and fucking burry you in the backyard. Got me? He points menacingly at me with his sturdy hand. Now I notice the half empty beer bottle in his left hand. "Now get to it." He waves me off and takes a long swig of the rustic looking bottle in his hand. I cringe. Why can't I just have a normal family?

I hop back upstairs and I find my step-mom passed out in the bathroom. Karen O'Brian. Stupid Karens.

I get out of my dark grey sweat pants and get into my black skinny jeans and a while polo.

"Dad, I'm ready!" I call from the balcony.

"Then get your lazy ass down here!" He bellows back.

"Yes dad." I mumble. I'm not looking forward to this.

I fly down the stairs and trip at the last step.

I groan internally and start to hoist myself up just to see my dads' combat boots.

"What the fuck are you doing son? You're making a goddam fool of yourself! Now get up before I beat your ass." He threatens.

"Yes dad..." I say back. My measly reply is just enough to let his glare off me fade as I get up.

I walk out the door dark red door to see his big Ford. I hang my head low, as to not draw anymore attention to me as I walk to the black polished truck. The door opens with a click and heave myself up into the leather interior. I look up and see my dad getting in. He's look no older than forty but is actually 49. His big build intimidates anyone around him and his beard helps tremendously with the fear factor.

He turns the key, rattling the old truck before starting. He pats it in the dash "I need a new truck" he mumbles to himself. "Dylan" he says with his teeth sounding gray.

"Y-Yes." I say tentatively

"Today you're going to find out how the world works." He says, his words displaying themselves out for me to see. They drop dead in their tracks and the truck is filled with silence.

-.-

We pull up to a massive building and a big court yard filled with orange, white, and red stripes.

I shake at the thought of having to be here for 8 hours.

I follow my dad out and into the glass doors where he greets a lady with obviously dyed hair.

"Good morning Debra."

"Good morning to you too Mr. Handsome. Who do you have with you today?"

"Oh just my son."

"Hmmm, well make sure to keep him quiet alright?

"Yes ma'am, will do." He says with a taped smile on his face. He continues walking and I continue following.

-.-

I sit in the office chair, fighting the urge to tap my feet as wait silently for something, anything to happen. "H-hey dad?" I say in a voice barely audible.

"What do you want son?" He looks up from his computer with flames dancing in his eyes.

"Could I go take a l-look around?" I ask just above a whisper.

"I don't fucking care."

With that, I jump out of the cold plastic chair and leave the office.

I take a look around and I see two doors which are locked. My head bobs back and fourth to see if anyone is coming, nobody. I slide the lock out of place and slip in.

All I see is an empty two-story hallway that holds jail cells. I've always wanted to see some up close. I go to the closest one, it's empty. I go to the second one, that one is empty too. Are all of these empty? It looks like it. The only sound I can hear is the clicking of my dress shoes on the smooth concrete floor.

I take up the first flight of stairs and I look around. I hold out my hand and touch one of the bars. It's cold. So cold. I rip my hand back immediately but something is pulling me to do it again. Just one more time. I bonk the iron bar and it makes a hollow sound. Suddenly a voice rings out.

"I haven't seen the light for forty years." Croaks our a very fake sounding old impression. The voice scares me and I let out a small scream.

"Who-who said that? Y-y-you're in a jail cell right? You can't hurt me!"

I hear a roar of laughter echoing from the end of the hallway.

"Oh my god! What's a kid doing in here?!" The voice continues. Still holding the laughter as before.

I walk down to the end of the hallway to see a tall, beat up looking boy. One my age. He has lengthy black hair and is wearing an orange and white jumpsuit. He's on his back, holding his stomach and laughing. Kicking his legs up in the air as he does it.

"Uhh... hi" I say.

He lets out a few more puffs of laughter as he gets back up.

"Hey kid."

"H-hi again." My face drops as I look a him. He's a criminal! An actually criminal!

"So what the fuck are you doin in here? Don't you got some mommy tit to suck?"

"I-I.. mommy tit?"

"Ugh whatever. Hey you know that gullible is written on the ceiling?"

I look up. Nothing. "Uhhh... what?"

He burst out laughing and pointing at me. "Oh my god! You actually fell for it! How dumb are you?!"

I stand there awkwardly as his words stab at my heart. 

"Well anyways. What's your name? Why are you here? And what the fuck do you want?"

"I-I'm Dylan Yukilis. My dad is the deputy and I was just looking around." I say. Trying to take the dim room in.

"Nice to meet ya."

His words falter and shrivel on the ground as the silence mocks us. "W-whats your name?"

"I'm Zero." He looks at me with a judgmental eye as he throws something at me. It bounces pass me and onto the second floor. It rolls around for a little and stops.

He looks at me with an irresistible smirk and says with such confidence, staring me dead in the eyes... "fetch"