Scared

**Zeros POV

*mentions of physical abuse and a lot of heavy depression. Stay safe out there guys!*

God, what the actual fuck did I do this time? I pace in my stall. Running my fingers through my hair. I've been in here for hours and hours. This is day fucking three of him not being here. What the hell did I do wrong? I didn't say anything bad last time. Did I? Was I too clingy? God that's probably it. I'm too fucking clingy. Stupid mom fucking me up-

"Hey Zero." He says. But he sounds depressed. Fuck. I did do something.

"Hey kiddo! Welcome back!"

He walks up the steps. "Hey."

"Hey." I say back

"Hey."

"Hey." I give a small smile and he cracks up. "What's up? You seem a bit under the weather." I ask. He's wearing a gray turtle neck and a scarf. I smirk to myself. "Someone fuck you in the ass too hard?" I laugh but- fear seems to laugh at him.

"I- uhhh." His voice breaks. He looks at everything but me. Blinking three times the normal speed of a human. 

"Don't tell me- was it your fucking dad?! He better not have fucking touched you in any gross ways otherwise I'm going to fuck him the hell up!" I yell. His dad is about sleep next to mine.

"No- no it wasn't. Zero, please calm down." He looks down and inches towards my cell.

"Hey, kid." I say in a hushed tone "come here."

He finnaly comes fully towards the bars. And I push my arm through. Kind of wrapping my arms around his small frame. It's really an awkward position. I let out a small chuckle. "It'll be alright, ok? You'll make it through. I promise you."

He smiles against my scratchy orange jumpsuit. "Thank you," he squeaks.

"God kid. You're just too cute."

He nods his head. Finally, I unwrap my arms from him and he backs up. "You know what Zero?" He says so quietly it's almost like a whisper.

"Yea?" I ask. Getting an unsettling feeling for what's about to come next.

"Some times, when it's really darn in my room and I'm cold. I just stare out my window into the creek behind my house. Do you know what I think of when I'm looking out there?" He asks. Very distantly, it feels like I'm floating. Like his voice carries me up.

"No, I don't."

He pauses for a second. Almost like he's debating something in his head. The whole atmosphere seems to vanish. And there no laws of gravity in our conversation. "I think about you." He finnaly says.

I'm taken by surprise. I was just kidding about him being gay. I didn't think he actully like dudes. Holy shit. I might actully have a shot.

"Even after my dad comes home from the bar and hits me. Even after I convince myself that there's no reason I should stay on this earth. Even after my stomach growls the loudest...
I think of you." He pauses for a second "staring out that window. It reminds me that there is a reason to stay. There is a reason to fight through it all. Do you know what the reason is?"

I stay quiet. This is a lot to take in. He still stares out into a void. The answer is going to scare me. I know it is.

"It's you Zero."

I knew it was coming. I knew he was going to say it. But I don't think I could've prepared my mind for that.

"Zero. I'm scared"

"Scared of what?"

"I'm scared of my dad. I'm scared of myself. I'm scared of so many things in my life."

I don't know how to answer this. I've never had to deal with this before. It was always just me. I never had to worry about anyone else. "Me too Dylan. I'm scared too."

My answer seems to surprise him "why are you scared?" He asks. Finnaly making eye contact with me. His blond bangs brush against his skin ever so slightly. He looks so innocent.

"I'm scared of what my mom does. I'm scared that you might one day leave me" I say. A nasty feeling comes to my mouth. I've never been open with my feelings before.

"I guess we can be scared together then." He says innocently.

"Yea, I guess we can." I smile a sad smile at him. He smiles back.