Just Something Gay

**Dylan's POV

*warning of physical abuse*

We talked for hours upon hours. Words chasing us around as our laughs fill the empty cells.

"DYLAN! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!"

I flinch as I hear his booming voice enter the echoey hallway.

"Oh. Welp. I guess I have to go. Has it been eight hours already?" I mumble. I look at Zero and he pushes a smile.

"Yea I guess so. Well. Are you going to come back?"

"Yea. I'll ask my dad!" Knowing him, he'll probably say no. But I have my license. So I could drive here on my own... if my dad will let me.

"Well, see ya twink." He hands me a smirk and I modify it and return a smile.

"Bye Zero!" I wave then walk down the stairs. My smile fades as my footsteps grow, along with the fluttering in my stomach. My dad is for sure going to kill me. And I might just want it.

-.-

I take my jeans off and then my polo. I stare at myself in my long mirror. Skinny, short,  bruised, and blonde. I let out a sigh. I wish I was different. Wish I could be cuter, or more built. Screw my tiny body. I hate it. Hate it!

I manage to tear my eyes off my mirror and to my wooden dresser. I throw my sweat pants on and a gray shirt. My stomach groans and so do I. I 'forgot' to eat. No need to go down there, not like my dad is going to let me eat. I might get some tonight. But I think I'm too coward.

"Dylan! Please get down here!" My step-mom hollers. Well more like slurs.

"Coming!" I respond. My feet guide me to the doorway, and I drag myself along to the bottom floor.

"Hun, come eat." Karen says.

I look around and I see no man in sight. "Where's dad?" I ask.

"He's-he's at the bar..." she says sadly.

I notice some wine bottles on the counter, not yet opened. But damn near close.

"Alright." I get out an apple and take a bite. The green skin of the juicy apple is decreasing as I gnaw at it. Every bite, filling my stomach up. I haven't eaten all day, well more like half a week. But that's alright. I've gone longer without food.

"WOMAN!" The door slams open and my dad walks in with a half empty bottle in his hand.

"Run Dylan." Karen whispers to me.

I run upstairs and lock my door. I know the protocol. I throw my head phones on but the screaming downstairs won't stop.

"YOU GET OVER HERE BITCH!"

Slap.

My step-mom screams.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" She cries.

"WHY ISN'T DINNER READY YET?!"

Slap.

"I'm so sorry! I'll get it done!"

"DYLAN!"

The music only blocks out my own whimpers. Not the storming of the stairs. Not my door being knocked down. Not the hits. Not anything. But my own thoughts.

It's all a blur really. I can't ever really  remember anything after the episode. Except the fuzziness and the pain. I remember bits and pieces. Like my dad smashing my head into my dresser. My mirror breaking. Or the door flying off its hinges. All in very low detail. All equally painful.

-.-

I lie in bed, school tomorrow. At least there I'm invisible. But it's all the same. Wake up, go to school, get good grades, come home, homework, sleep. But I guess there is something new. After school. Zero. The boy who calls me 'kiddo' I say it out loud. Kiddo. I repeat it and laugh. Then I remember the jerking thing that he pulled. That was so hilarious! I smile at the thought of seeing him again. You know, tomorrow might not be so bad.

-.-

School ends with a gust of people leaving. They flood the hallways left and right. Like a tsunami. But worse. Rumors spread with people. Tsunamis don't.

I get in my step-moms' car. The car is extremely old and used up. Barely works anymore. But it's what I have to deal with.

The car starts with a rattle and a puff before it turns on. The vibration courses thought me like a jet. I back out and head to the police station.

-.-

"Hey Barbra." I say to the black haired woman sitting at the front desk.

"Hello." She says, waving me off. I guess she remembers me.

I sneak to the back where the two doors await me. I don't risk loosing anymore time and I push open the doors.

"Hey Zero!"

I don't get a response.

I walk to the end of the hallway and start up the stairs.

"Zerooooo? Anybody home?"

"I wouldn't call this place a home." I hear the cockiness in his voice already.

"Then what would you call it?" I reach the end where he sits in his orange jumpsuit, back against the wall, and bouncing his red rubber ball.

"Hmmmm. I would call it a prison." He says, facing me with a pleased smile.

"Very funny Zero. So how have you been?"

"Eh, the best someone could be in a jail cell." He says, his smirk never failing.

"Hey, why is there nobody else here?"

"I scared them off."

I look at him surprised. He's that scary? "W-what?"

He hands a blank look and then busts up laughing. Holding his stomach and kicking his legs.

"Oh god! You- you actually think that I scared them off!"

I stare at him. He was lying?

"Nobody ever really gets in trouble in this god forsaken town. Some boys do but they always get bailed out quickly since everyone here is rolling in money. The girl side though, goddam that shit's full. No fuckin idea why. It's been a mystery since I first came here."

"How come nobody is in here? Like no guards or anything?"

"Goddam kiddo, you're just full of questions, aren't ya?"

"Hah, Yea I guess." I say sheepishly.

"Well it's because I've been here for so long, they don't even care about me..." he trails off at the end.

"Well I guess that's lucky to not have anyone bother you."

"Kiddo, you have no fucking idea how boring it is in here. And lonely! I barely even get to go out to the canteen because it's too much of a hassle, they just bring it here. And it's just so boring! Nobody to talk to except Darrel, and the worst part is, is that there's no boys!"

"You sure are gay." I laugh.

He mumbles something under his breath and just smiles to himself.

"What was that?"

"On nothing twink. Just something gay."