Seventeen

PoV: Vanilla

"Mama!" Cream was home from school. It had been a few days since I asked for the papers, and Espio called saying they'd send them over today.

"Cream, welcome home," I greeted my darling daughter. Sonic was outside with Harley, so thus was the best time to talk, "How was your day?"

"We made pictures in class today. I wish I could show Sonic mine," she said.

"Cream, I have a question for you," I walked with her to the couch and we sat down together.

"What is it mama?" She held Cheese in her arms as we spoke.

"Cream, Cheese, would you like a brother?"

PoV: Tails

"Are you sure we need to recruit another teammate?" I asked Amy as we walked I to the woods, "And does it need to be Shadow?"

"We need someone strong like Sonic was. We almost lost the battle yesterday," Amy kept walking, Sonic's absence was doing something to her...

"Amy, you can't replace Sonic. And he's not even dead! When was the last time we went to see him? Like two weeks ago? He's all alone!" I snapped.

"He's not alone, he has Vanilla," Amy replied.

"Tails let's go," Sticks grabbed my hand, "She's gone crazy."

"I'm no where near as crazy as you," Amy growled, "Knuckles let's go."

  Amy left with Knuckles, as I left with Sticks.

  All Amy had talked about for the past two weeks was getting a new teammate. I was sick of it. She was trying to replace Sonic, and he was our friend, we couldn't replace him.

"Amys been talking to too many spoons, all they ever want to do is replace friends," Sticks replied, "Tails look."

"Metal?" I saw Metal Sonic sitting on the beach, a panel on his arm. He was charging through Solar power panels, "I never thought Eggman would make you eco friendly."

  He only looked my way. Man, if Sonic was here he'd be able to translate...

"Maybe you could make him a speaker thingy," Sticks commented.

"Maybe, metal let me see if-" he pushed my hand away, "It's only to install a speaker. I won't disassemble you."

  Still, Metal wouldn't let me examine him. He didn't want a speaker. He flew off and we were left on the beach alone.

"Tails," Sticks said, "Let's go see Sonic."

"Yeah."

PoV: 3rd Person 

"So," The fat man behind the computer console laughed, his cameras had been watching everything for the past two weeks, "They're seperating."

"It's appears so," the circular robot replied.

"Yeah, and they split up too," the yellow cubed robot remarked.

"Shadow," Eggman called to the dark figure in the shadow of his room, "You  know the plan, it's time."

  The figure left and Eggman remained where he was with a smile, "Time to capture a little blue pest."

~~~