Fourteen

PoV: Vanilla

I felt my heart ache as I read the letter. It was for Sonic, but it was awful news.

"Why would they even send a letter like this..."

PoV: Sonic

I had found one of my favorite balls to ring. The chime was low and it reminded me of a broken windchime I once knew.

"Hm..." I held onto it, not wanting to getting mixed up with the rest of the box. I felt what I was wearing for a pocket. I found what seemed like a pocket and let go of the ball while my hand was inside. I continued to ring the others and play with the cubes Vanilla had gotten me there was one that clicked when I pushed one side.

"Sonic, sweetie. How are you feeling?" I heard Vanilla come in, the tone of her voice sounded concerned, maybe worried.

"I'm fine, I'm putting all my favorites in my pocket," I replied.

"Oh dear, you don't have pockets," I need them jingle together as they tapped against a ringing surface, "Here, you can place them in this jar if you'd like," she placed the cold thing in my hand.

"So what was I putting my hand through?" I asked.

"The ribbon of you dress. We'll get you some clothes with pockets if you'd like."

"I'd like that."

"Sonic, I know you're only stay with Cream and I temporarily, but... how would like to stay permanently?"

"Stay permanently? But I thought I was going to move in with Tails once he got the place ready?" I had thought that was the plan we had made together...

"Sonic... you won't have anyone to watch you when he leaves the house. And he can't bring you over before a sudden attack from Eggman. It's best if you stay here."

"But..."

"Sonic... you don't have any adults to watch over you..." I felt her arms around me, "Don't worry, I'll take you to visit your friends today. "

"Right..."

  I wonder if they really forgot about me. It had been a long time since I last heard their voices. Now I was all alone with Vanilla, Cream, and Cheese.

"Sonic, I'm sure they'll come see you. I'll get you ready to leave in about a hour. Okay?"

"Okay," at least I'd get to walk around today. That'll be nice.

  I heard Vanilla walk away, leaving me with Harely.

"So, they really forgot about me... I guess we were right Harley," he huffed hot breath onto my lap and I felt for his ear, "It's okay. I've still got you."

  This is fine...

~~~