Twenty - Five

PoV: Tails

  Sonic looked so happy living with Vanilla... we came to visit him once a week after dealing with Eggman's weekly attacks. Shadow disappeared again after Metal saved Sonic a while back. It had become a new routine for all of us. It was weird not ending fights as quickly as when Sonic was helping, bit it wasn't like that for long. Sometimes, if Sonic was around the battle, Metal would help us fight too.

  It was still a bit weird, knowing Sonic was never going to be himself again. He was always someone to look up to, now I had to take care of him.

"Tails, something wrong?" Sonic asked as he squeezed my hand, "You're tense."

"How could you tell?" I was a bit shocked he knew something was wrong.

"I'm blind but I can still tell how you're feeling," he smiled, "What's wrong?"

"I think I'm still getting used to being the new leader is all," I gave Sonic's hand a squeeze.

"You can always ask me for help," he smiled.

"Yeah."

  No matter what, Sonic was still there for all of us. There was no missing him, I always had him here.

PoV: Vanilla

  Everyone was getting along nicely. Cream loved having Sonic as her new adoptive brother. Metal was constantly at Sonic's side. He was more of a puppy than Harley.

"Vanilla, can we have cucumber sandwiches for lunch?" Sonic asked.

"Mama I would like those too!" Cream smiled, "I want to help make them with you."

"Of course darling. Sonic, would you like to help?" I offered.

"I can't really help," he said.

"Here, I have an idea," I placed him by Cream, "You can help pass the cucumbers to Cream."

"Sure..." he felt for the table, I quickly sliced the cucumber and guided his hand to the small pile I made for him. He picked up a few and cream took them from his hand and placed it onto the bread.

"Good job you two," I made sure Sonic  got some help while putting the top of his sandwich on.

  Knuckles helped Sonic eat, I helped him in the bathroom after. The others went home and Sonic stayed with Metal for a while as I put cream to bed. Once she was asleep, I found Sonic curled up with Metal in his teddy bear suit.

"Sonic, bathtime sweetie," I took him to the bath and cleaned him.

  I dressed him in a gentle night gown and left him with Metal on the couch. I watched them, Sonic laid over Metal and purred in his arms. They had become a gentle pair. Metal's dedication to him and Sonic's love. They were beautiful. My son and my son in law.

PoV: Sonic

"Metal... how long will your system last?" I asked.

"About 153 years if maintained properly."

"You'll last for my forever," I held him close as I felt his arms around me.

"Yes, I will outlive you. And I will watch Tails in your absence when the time comes."

"Metal, you'll stay with me, right?" I only wanted to hear him say yes.

"Yes. I can guarantee that I will remain besides you as often as possible through out your life."

"Metal, I love you," I was starting to fall asleep.

"I know. I also feel extreme affection towards you. Sleep, you're body needs rest. Tomorrow I'll take you to smell the flowers."

"That sounds... perfect..."

  I felt asleep in his arms, his perfect, teddy bear wrapped arms.

  I couldn't wish for anything better than a life with Metal besides.

  This...

  perfect...

  life...

~~~

  I hope you guys enjoyed this story. I really loved writing this and I drawing its final picture.

  I will truly miss this book, and I hope to see you all in more of my books.

Goodbye~ 😚😚😚

💙💙💙💜💜💜💎💜💜💜💙💙💙