The Call

After coming back to his empty house, Kaito dropped everything and body slammed into his couch. Ever since he went round and round inside his head about Shinichi's expression, he's gone mad. He has spent so long thinking and can't figure anything out.
He laid on the couch for a long while, silently. Thoughts were going through his head, like they were going 100 miles. No point, he thought. Not like I'm gonna remember.
Shortly after his thought, he could hear the front door click, open, then click again to close it. His butler, Konosuke Jii, walks in the living room and jumps at the sight of his master.
"Young Master," he said. "What on earth are doing face first on the couch? Is something the matter?"
Kaito twists his head to face his butler with a tired look. He sighed.
"Do you know anything about Kudo Shinichi?"
"Ah, the young high school detective?" His butler asked. "My, he is certainly has an interesting character. He's a tad bit egotistical though."
"Don't I know it." Kaito rolled his eyes, thinking about the times Shinichi seemed too full of himself on television. There were even times during their talks where Shinichi would get a bit cocky.
"Why are you asking, Young Master? Have met him?
"Yeah." He replied. "But something has been bothering me about him recently."
"And what is it?" Jii asked. "I could possibly be of assistance."
"I can't really put a finger on it, but he just seems..." Kaito paused and thought for a moment. "Familiar, I guess?"
"You could ask your mother." Jii suggested. "She knows more about your affairs than I do, or rather your previous affairs."
"Better than nothing." Kaito sighed and grabbed his phone. He directed himself to his mother's contact and before he clicked to call her, he paused. It's been a long time since the last he talked to her. Has it been a year? Two years? Will she even be able to talk to him?
He clicked the Call option. It rang once. Twice. A third time. Then a click.
"Kaito~~" His mother's voice shrieked. He had to pull away his phone with how high pitched it was.
"Um...hi?" He glanced at his phone in annoyance, then put it back up to his ear. "You could've just said 'hello'."
She huffed. He could guess she was making a pouty face. "We haven't talked in so long! How could I not be excited to talk to my little boy?"
Kaito rolled his eyes. One could've easily called the other, but for him, he was just worried he would interrupt whatever she was doing.
"Anyways, this isn't what I really wanted to talk about." He brushed his hand through his hair and sighed. "Do you know Kudo Shinichi?" He knows it's a basic question, but he just wanted to build up to his major question.
"Yes. Everyone does. He's the little highschool detective, isn't he?"
"Yeah." Even though she couldn't see him, he still nodded in confirmation. He took a deep breath. "Do you—"
"Ah, he's gotten so big since the last I saw him!"

Huh?