Hunting

After Kaito's discovery, he's been trying over and over to get in contact with Shinichi, but he's been busy between cramming for his exams and being a detective.
Shinichi's life is like a balancing act, switching between a regular law student and a homicide detective.
If this keeps up, Kaito will have to hunt him down. He tries calling him twice during his lunch breaks at work, then two more times at home. He doesn't want to spam Shinichi's phone, but that might be one of his resorts. Hearing the "Hello! You've contacted Shinichi Kudo but..." voicemail is starting to get annoying.

As he's munching on his turkey sandwich for lunch, he calls again. It rings.
And it rings.
And it rings.
"Hello! You've contacted Shinichi—" Kaito hangs up on the voicemail for the hundredth time.
Goddammit, Shinichi! What the hell are you doing that you can't answer one freaking phone call?! He tosses his phone with a clack onto the table he's sitting at and pouts. He's called so, so many times, why can't he at least respond to one call?
Screw it, I'll just hunt him down after work. He sighs, takes his phone and stuffs it back into his pocket, and threw away the remaining bits of his sandwich into the garbage.
He comes out with a smile to his new sets of customers. Throughout his last hours of his shift, he tirelessly makes bouquets of flowers while thinking about where he could find Shinichi.

It's about 5:30 when Kaito closes up shop for the day. He unites and takes off his apron, placing it on a hook in a closet, then walks to the main door and flips the sign from "OPEN" to "CLOSED."
He went through the opening and brought out the store keys, pushing them into the lock and twisting with a click. He twists again and tugs them out and stuffs them back into his coat pocket.
It's slightly dark outside, but not enough to turn on the street lights. Kaito walks down the street, scanning the roads he walks by to see police cars racing by (though he would be able to hear them as a tell tale sign).
After the realization, or rather the resurface, of his feelings for Shinichi, he plans on telling him to get rid of the weight. Plus, he wants to tell him about their history.
As if on cue, he could hear the loud blaring of sirens. Police and an ambulance zip by Kaito and race down the road, making a sharp right turn. Kaito runs toward the direction of the police as fast as he could. He's almost always near crime scenes when they occur, so following the police is the best bet.
He passed three different blocks before coming across the scene of a crime, yellow tape blocking a section of the street. It's a murder scene for sure, with dark red splatters and a limp body sprawled out on the asphalt. The victim looks like a woman in her late 30s and dressed in an office-like outfit. A long handle is protruding out of her chest — a knife.
Kaito clasps his hands and says a silent prayer for the woman.
He waits close by the scene for Shinichi to show up. Shouldn't be too long before he shows. He wouldn't miss a crime like this for a second.
"Kudo!!" The familiar voice of Inspector Megure called out. "Glad you could make it. We would need your sharpness for a case like this."
Kaito looked up from his feet. He saw a bit of Kudo's cowlick above the heads of some other officers, then saw his figure in the sea of officers that surrounded him.
Kaito wasn't going to bother him until Shinichi's work was done. Can't interrupt a case, especially a murder.
So he waited to show his discovery...

And confess to Shinichi.