Ch.2 Coincidence

Author's notes: Hey guys I added an extra part to my first chapter because I felt like it was too short. So if you haven't already, read it. Here's chapter 2 :)

Ch. 2 Coincidence

Selena's P.O.V

My eyes burst open. I unlocked my phone to check the time....3am on the dot. Strange. I tried getting back to sleep for the next hour. I couldn't. I let out a sigh of frustration. At that point I gave up, there's no way I'm gonna be able to go back to sleep. I decided to go to the vending machine to get a water bottle. I slipped out of my dorm careful not to wake up Kendra and Sierra. I crept down the hallway and stopped when I saw a light up vending machine. I put in two shiny quarters and pressed the button with a picture of a water bottle. I anxiously waited until finally I heard and thud and retrieved my water bottle. I took a swig of it while I leaned up against the wall and sat down on the floor. I started thinking of how my mom used to bring me a glass of water when I was feeling upset or tired.

*Flashback*

"YOU'RE ALWAYS HOME LATE"

"WHAT ARE ASSUMING HUH?"

"WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO TELL SEL WHEN SHE ASKS WHY HE DADDY NEVER SAYS GOODNIGHT TO HER ANYMORE"

"YOU ALWAYS BLAME EVERYTHING ON ME!"

"OUR FAMILY IS ALREADY FALLING APART AND SELENA IS ONLY 7"

"WHO'S FAULT IS THAT?!?"

I heard my parents go back and forth. All I did was sit down on the stairs and listened. There was nothing I could do. Next thing I know I hear my dad stomp angrily towards the door and walked out, slamming the door shut , I jumped. I heard a car door open, the engine starting, and the car screeching it as it pulled out of the drive way.

My dad left.

My mom looked out the window, she saw everything. I saw a tear rolled down her eye, she quickly wiped it away. She walked up the stairs and passed by me. "Mommy?" I croaked, "Not now Sel, Mommy needs rest" she dully responded.

That night I woke up to the sound of a door slam. I quietly walked down the stairs, I saw my dad completely drunk, laying face down by the front door.

*End of Flashback*

That was the first time my parents ever fought over anything, and it was just the beginning of practically what I called a war. My thoughts were interrupted when I noticed a figure walking down the hallway towards me. I squinted my eyes hoping it wasn't a staff member or anything worse. "Selena?" spoke the figure. It walked closer and closer until I saw it step into the light from the vending machine, it was...Justin. "Oh my gosh you scared me...." 

I squeaked. "Sorry about that...what are you doing here" he questioned. "Oh well I couldn't sleep and...wait, what are YOU doing here this is the girl's dorm." I confidently responded. "Whenever I can't sleep I usually go on a walk and occasionally I walk to the girl's dorm...NOT to be creepy or anything" Justin said while scratching the back of his neck. "Why couldn't you sleep...bad dream?", "Yeah ...really bad actually", "....Wanna talk about it?" I asked nervously. "Umm...sure why not" he replied. I patted at the spot next to me, he sat down. "Tell me about your dream" I spoke. "Okay for starters, I was all alone. No one was alone, by myself. Then everything around me just started draining its color and...", I quickly interrupted him "Everything became black and white. Soon you were in a white room and you heard voices, they were all screaming at you. I'm right aren't I?" I let out a breath. "YES! ...wait how would you know?" He asked. I looked down at the floor .."because I have the same dream, all the time". Justin's eyes widen in amazement, "That's some freaky coincidence....How do you deal with it?". I scoffed "I don't deal with it, I live with it, it haunts me...the voices at least". Justin shivered at the thought of the voices. I put on a small smile on my lips, "But hey..it'll be okay. You get used to it". Justin shaked his head "I can't deal with this every other night" he let out a sigh. I looked at Justin, "Listen, I know you think I'm that freak girl that stare at you all the time but...if you ever need to talk to me about your dream, I-I'm here. Okay?" Justin smiled "alright deal, I'll do the same for you..but don't tell anyone yeah ?", "Deal" we shook hands. "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING OUT HERE?!?" Shouted what seemed to be Ms.Stigual the dorm advisor. Me and Justin quickly jumped up and ran the opposite direction, Ms.Stigual barely catching up with us. We turned at a corner and stayed there, as we saw Ms.Stigual pass. "I'll see you later?" Justin whispered, I nodded as he left. I quickly made my way back to my dorm room and saw Kendra and Sierra were still sleeping...thank god. I smiled like an idiot as I just realized....he knew my name.

End Notes: I hoped you guys liked it! My friend kept nagging me to post, so I did. Anyways special thanks to my friend Maggie who was basically my co-writer in this chapter. I already have an idea for the next chapter soo maybe another update soon? Vote please :)