Chapter 9

Hailey POV
Chase and I were standing next to his car waiting for the national anthem.

After the national anthem was sung chase looked at me.

"You know Hailey I'm going to win this race for you right" he said

I know your going to you have the best car out there. So all you focus on is winning and even if you don't win I might give you a little something tonight.

Just go out there and try your best.

"This is why I love you Hailey" Chase said

I love you too baby.

Chases got in his car and before I put up his safty net he gave me his phone, hat and glasses. I then leaned in his car and gave him a kiss for good luck.

I put of his daft net and walked to his pit box.

I threw on a head set and changed it to chases station.

The pace car was just going around the track to warm them up. Chase ended up getting 5th place for qualifying. At least he was happy with where he's starting at.

Chase was doing really well he had been tuning in the top 10 all day. He was able to get a lot of stage points too.

It was down to the last 10 laps and chase was running second with Alex Bowman in first.

Chase was able to take the inside lane from Bowman and got a good run with 2 to go.

It was down to the last lap and Chase was coming around the 4th turn making a straightaway to the checkered flag.

After Chase crosses the finish line, his family and I started jumping for joy.

We ended up meeting Chase in victory lane. When we got there his car was just pulling up and he was getting out.

I stood to the said while chase got sprayed with Mt Dew and champagne.

After chase was done with interviews and taking pictures I told him I would meet him in the camper for his surprise.