The Band Kid's Guide To A Halloween Party

Danny:

I threw the garbage bag into the dumpster and walked back into the stadium.

"This is so horrible. We performed all day and we have to clean the whole campus in order to go home. This has to be child slavery," Ed joked and I shrugged.

"It was our comp Ed, and the staff and parents do so much for us. The least we could do is clean up," I said back.

"Whatever Danny. No one asked you," he snapped and walked into the stadium. I rolled my eyes and took my hat off my head.

"Danny, can we talk please?" I placed my hat on backwards before turning around to face Zoey.

"Why? So you can manipulate me against my own brother," I said angrily.

"I never meant for any of this to happen," she said and I swear I saw tears. She doesn't deserve to cry. She hurt my brother.

"No. Nothing you can say will make any of this okay. Please just leave me and my brother alone," I turned to walk into the stadium and she grabbed my arm.

"I still love Mike," I pulled my arm from her grip.

"If you loved him, then you wouldn't have cheated on him," I said through gritted teeth.

"Leave us alone Zoey. I mean it," I said and left before I said anything worse, even though she deserved the biggest verbal beating of a lifetime.

Once the stadium was cleaned, I walked back to the band room to see if they needed help with anything else.

"Are you okay Dan?" Jackson asked. Wrapping her arm around my shoulder, giving me a comforting side hug.

"Yeah. I almost cussed out Zoey, but I didn't,"

"Really? I would've if it was my brother," he said while walking us over to the uniform moms. We started to help them tie up the laundry bags and put them in the cars.

"I know you would've, but I just couldn't. I rather leave it up to carama,"

After packing the cars, we all filed into the band room for the last meeting of the night.

"Great comp everyone! I'm extremely proud of everyone tonight. Go home and enjoy your day off tomorrow. And if any of you guys are going to Brett's Halloween party, make sure to have a designated drive and do not do anything that would hurt this team. Great job everyone! Have a good night!" Mr. McDougal finished and Jackson looked over at me.

"What time am I picking you up?"

"What?"

"For the party?" he answered.

I looked down at my phone and shrugged, "Eight,"

"Cool. Is Mike taking you home or are we?" he asked and I looked around for Mikey, but couldn't find him.

"I don't see him. I'll go back with you and just see him at home or the party," I said while grabbing his hand in mine.

"Is this your first high school party?" he asked and I nodded.

"You?"

"Yeah. How freshmen can we get," he said and we both started laughing.

"Love birds! Car is leaving with or without you!" Chase yelled and we rushed towards the car, "I thought I was going to witness a cheesy romance scene from a chick flick,"

"Shut up Chase," we both said and Jackson opened my door.

"Where to?" he asked. Putting the car into drive.