Saturday, November 16th, 2019

To the woman I talked on the phone to,

There were so many things I would have liked to say to you. Secrets I dared to tell no one else, stories that fascinated and twisted the basic concepts of my mind. I could have spoke for hours to you, educating you on things you already know, hoping some piece of information I threw at you was new. You were always patient and listening, I knew you'd listen again, but the beeping on my phone rang shrill in my ears, warning me that our time was almost up. I had left the phone on the table, forgetful as its life slowly drained, and now I was talking to you, trying to squeeze as much information I could into the short amount of time we had. You were unaware of why I was so rushed with my voice and my information, and I managed to tell you right before the phone died in my hands. I hope that the important information, the things you needed to tell me, were spoken before the cutting off of our voices. The phone is now charging, but I know you won't call me again. Not for awhile at least. I light a candle for you in hopes that our words stay in each other's minds until we get a chance to remind them to each other.

Until then, I'll be waiting by the phone

A Silent Caller.