Thursday, November 21st, 2019

To the woman who cried when I told her "thank you",

I guess I never truly understood the power of words and a smile, though those are exactly the weapons I hold. I don't know if you were having a bad day, or just don't hear those words often, but I'm glad they had an effect on you. I don't say thank you enough, I suppose, though I often do very quietly. It is the very meaning of this letter. I hope you get these words as well, as to boost your confidence you seemed to be lacking. I know you work hard every day, so I want you to keep our moment shared together close in your heart, even if it makes you cry when you think about it. I am always thankful for any work done to help contribute to my school, and as I think about it, I feel that I do not thank enough people, for the number of hard workers is simply too large for me to conceive. However, you are one of them, and for you, I am especially grateful. You have made me realize so much about this world with one single tear. It's funny how a splash of emotion makes everything seem so different, isn't it? I light a candle in hopes that you get thanked every day for something.

Thank you,

A Silent Thanker.