Not a Happy Birthday {Chapter 2}

Damien tried to follow after Y/N, but stopped, not wanting to push her into a deeper dark hole.

He looked at the group before him, "I need to speak with the Colonel."

He walked away and headed for William's door. He busted in and looked at him, gripping his cane so as to not explode with anger.

William looked up, "Damien! To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Markus has been killed," Damien stated.

William sighed, "Well, that's not a surprise.."

Damien got upset, "Oh, How can you be so flippant?"

William was taken back, "Flippant?! I'm taking this matter very seriously."

Damien shook his head, not buying it, "Oh, Don't give me that horseshit! I know you hated him but...goddammit, he reached out to you!"

William was stone cold, "So what do you want me to do?"

Damien became pissed and raised his voice, "I want you to care!"

William became defensive, "Just cuz I'm not crying like a little baby doesn't mean I don't care!"

Damien sighed, shaking his head again, "I can't believe you."

The Colonel rolled his eyes.

Damien was now heated. He looked up at The Colonel, "You come find me, when you pull your head out of your ass!"

He then walked away, passing Ethan. "Excuse Me."

Y/N POV:

I sighed and sat under the gazebo and thought more about Markus. I soon looked up and saw Damien pacing. I knew that wasn't good so I walked up to him and grabbed his hand, "Hey, Damien calm down. I know this is bad but you need to calm down."

He looked at me, "How? How do I calm down?"

I kissed him. He soon kissed back, putting his hands on my waist.

I pulled away, "We just need to be Calm...for everyone"

As Damien and I stood there, Ethan walked out.

Damien sighed and looked at him, "Look, I'm sorry you saw that argument with the Colonel. I lost my temper and it wasn't right and..."

I looked up, still holding onto Damien, and whispered "He must be in shock..."

Damien nodded, "The Colonel's an eccentric. It's his best quality and his worst. But he is my friend...and so was Markus, " He looked down at me then back up, "I know I'm supposed to be a leader in this scenario, but I can't help but feel lost. I've known Markus for years," he then lightly squeezed my waist, "Since we were kids and he's just gone?"

I hiccuped trying to keep myself from crying.

Ethan gave me a sad smile, "It's ok Y/N, we'll get to the bottom of this."

Damien nodded, "I don't have any answers right now. I just need to be alone, to process all of this."

Ethan nods and looks at us

Damien nods, "We'll talk soon."

I nodded, "Just give him some time."

Ethan nodded and watched as Damien took my hand and pulled me with him.

I knew how he was feeling, so I spoke up, "You don't have to weigh yourself down with responsibility, Damien. It's not your fault it happened."

Damien nodded, "I know, but still...something doesn't seem right."

I stopped and thought for a second, "What if this wasn't about my birthday..."

Damien looked at me, "Well, of course, it was..."

I looked up, "No, Darling. Maybe, Markus somehow knew he was going to die! So he wanted his close friends here...but in doing that...where's C-" I was cut off by hearing the Colonel's voice.

I smiled and ran up the stairs but only to see Ethan, "Damn, I thought I heard the Colonel. If you see him, please tell me."

Ethan nods as Damien comes running up.

He looked at me, "What was that about?"

I sighed, "Maybe, Colonel had something to do with it..."

Damien gave me a look, "What do you mean?"

I grabbed his hand, "What if he knew and tried to stop it? That would make some sense...right?"

Sorry it's short but it's something

Here...have an edit as well...I made it. Props to the people who made the art, Mark, and Billie Eilish