The torchwood terror chapter 9 The hard choice

"Well good to see you again miss clara Oswald, and I can't thankyou enough for bringing the Doctor and katrina, without you we would of never caught them." She smiles cruelly "Clara get back in the tardis" The Doctor orders her. "Im not leaving." She looks at the personal "What do you want?"

"Oh we don't have any use for you miss clara. But we can't have you running off and getting help can we? As for you Doctor you will be coming with us unless you want katrina to die." He glares at her. "I will never let you touch her again." "Oh. That is not your say and I don't think you can get though all of our personal in your weakened state. Or did you forget? We have the anidote and we can give it to her but you have to let us. obey or else she will die" Clara watching the conversation speaks up "maybe you should listen..." The Doctor pauses thinking about whether he should risk katrinas safety. "Tick tock on the clock timelord. Your wasting your time. Katrinas time. She doesn't have much time" "What is the anidote?" She stands looking proud "the anidote Doctor. Is the anidote that is going to save your daughters life which you are still wasting time for. And it's right here." She holds up a vile of liquid "do you care enough for your daughter to stop wasting time and save her?" He replies in a deep voice "of course I care about her, she's my daughter"

I slightly wake up ".....dad? What's going. ..on?" I realize I have no strength to move and I am in the Doctors arms all I can do is just look up at him.

He sees me awake and looks down at me looking at me sadly and brushes my cheek with his hand. Katrina, Ahhh just rest I'm going to make sure your going to be ok" He looks up his voice mad and desperate "help her!" The personal puts the vile away and looks at the Doctor "ok timelord, but on one condition, you let us capture you and your daughter and obey any and everything we tell you to do." She smiles prideful. The Doctor pulls me up to his chest struggling with the new proposal. He finally replies his voice quiet "yes." Claras voice also quiet. "Doctor..." I look up hearing what she wanted him to do "no..dont..do it." He whispers "I can't, I don't have a choice. " I look into his eyes knowing it's true, and from the poison I am feeling like passing out again "ok...we....will...ge..t...though. this.." I pass out again and the personal restraint the Doctor and clara one carrying katrina. They take us to a room and chain us to the wall in a cell. Once they chain katrina still passed out they inject her with the anidote. Clara shakes the chains "well done Doctor." The Doctor is focused on katrina and the personal half leaving the cell "will she be ok!?" She turns to look at him "Oh she will be fine. We can't have our newest test subject dying on us now can we?" She leaves the room the Doctor yelling as she leaves "no! Dont use her! Use me. I don't care. Don't hurt katrina!" But she had already left, one of the other personal came up to the cell hearing him yelling "Oh don't you worry we will be using both of you in the testing" and he walks away.

I start to wake up, groaning "oh..." The Doctor tries to reach for me not able to hold back tears anymore "clara. I don't know what to do anymore" She looks back at him sadly "Im sorry." I look at the Doctor tears running down his cheeks "Doctor? Why are you crying?" Clara tries to comfort him "Doctor its..ok" He tugs sharply on the chains "no its not! It can never be again. It's my fault!" I hear the argument and confused on what's going on. "Doctor? What's your fault?" Then I suddenly remember what happened the last hour. "Dad. US being here isn't your fault. You couldn't of stopped this." He looks at me "katrina...I'm so sorry. I love you...and I never meant for this to happen" "I'm not scared, well I am a little but I would of been more scared if you weren't here with me so im content. For once we can face this together not apart. Beware torchwood cause the Doctor and his daughter are going to kick your butt." I give him a reasurring smile.

He trys to smile. "I promise I will get out of here I will finish taking care of you properly. The way it should of been. Together. "