37

Lila ended up falling asleep on the plane. Nate had shifted her so she was curled up in her tiny seat and her head was in his lap so she could try and lay down.

It wasn't the most comfortable position, but it worked.

He woke her up just before landing so that she could sit up and he buckled her in.

Everything else happened in flashes.

Getting off the plane.

Nate grabbing her hand and pulling her through the airport.

Walking to where he had paid to keep his car.

Driving to his house.

House...

Nate owned a house. It wasn't huge, but Lila was surprised enough that she paused and looked up at it. He turned and smiled at her. "It's not much, but it's home."

She looked at him for a second, then back at the house. There was no garage, just a cement driveway off to the side. There was a spot for a flower garden out front that looked like it was dormant. It was getting to be that time of year, but Lila couldn't even remember what month it was right now.

Inside was simple. Beige and black were his colors of choice. The living room had a nice sofa and tv, a coffee table, desk, and a few bookshelves. A few pictures dotted the walls as well. Threw was a dining room attached to the kitchen and a door that looked like it probably led to the basement.

The upstairs had two bedrooms and an open sitting area where he had another desk set up.

"You can stay in here." Nate said, leading her into the second bedroom. It looked like it had never been used, but there was still a bed and a dresser in it. "There's only one bathroom up here, but once we get you some things, I can move mine downstairs and use that one."

Lila nodded as she looked around at the unfamiliar place. The numbness was coming back...

"Come on, let's get you in bed." Nate whispered, placing a hand on the small of her back to push her forward.

She didn't fight it. Nor did she fight it when he helped guide her under the covers and kissed her forehead.

"Get some sleep honey, I'm going to run to the store to get some groceries and a few things for you, ok?"

Lila made a small sound of acknowledgment before pulling the covers up to her nose and turning onto her side.

She was asleep in seconds.

Nate stood over her head and stroked her hair for a moment. Then he left the room, only to come back with a screwdriver.

He knelt by the door and dismantled the doorknob so he could turn it around and screw it back in with the lock now on the outside. "I'm sorry, but this is for your own good. I don't need you trying to hurt yourself while I'm gone..."

Once he was done, he did one final scan of the room, brought her a glass of water, then shut the door behind him and locked it.

.

.

.

.

Wooyoung anxiously awaited the arrival of his manager and Yeosang. Seonghwa had called the younger to tell him to get back here as soon as possible, and thankfully Yeosang had already been on his way.

What new was it that Roger had for him?

His friend showed up first and set the large bag down he had brought in the corner before moving to sit next to Wooyoung. "I'm glad to see you awake,  how are you doing?" He asked, pulling Wooyoung to him.