45

When Wooyoung woke up, it took him a moment to realize where he was. Everything had happened so fast, it was all a blur in his own mind.

But the second he looked down and saw Lila nestled into his chest, his heart soared.

He spent several minutes just watching her sleep and thinking that he could never get tired of this sight.

Lila seemed to sense he was awake, though, and started to stir. She let out a soft moan, then opened her eyes slowly.

It seemed to take her a bit to register what was going on, too, because she looked up at Wooyoung almost like she didn't recognize him.

"Hey." He said softly, bringing a hand up to rub her cheek with his thumb.

"Wooyoung?" Her voice cracked a little as she spoke.

He smiled and nodded. "Who else?" He chuckled.

Tears came to her eyes as she pressed her face to his chest again and Wooyoung wrapped here in his arms.

"Hey, shhh, it's ok. You're safe now."

"I th-thought it was all a d-dream... But it's r-really you? You're r-really h-here?" She asked, taking one of her arms and wrapping it around his waist.

"Yes, I'm really here. And you're home. You're at a place where he will never hurt you again." Wooyoung kissed the top of her head and closed his eyes, trying to fight back the tears that threatened to fall.

"I'm s-s-so s-sorry..." She whimpered, fisting his shirt to try and bring him closer. Wooyoung hesitated. He had no idea what she was trying to apologize for. "S-San tried to t-tell me... I just d-didn't want to s-see it..."

"Oh, Lila honey, no. You don't need to apologize. None of us could predict it would have turned out like this..."

"You came for me..." Her tone turned a little hard.

Wooyoung swallowed. He knew this was going to come, so why not now? "I will always come for you. There's a lot that has happened, Lila, and I need you to listen to me. Ok?"

She pulled away from him with an almost dead look in her eyes, and he knew she was bracing herself for what he was about to say as she sat up.

He joined her and took her hands, making sure to look her directly in the eyes. "What you saw, that interview? It was all a set up planned by Rachel. She is not pregnant Lila. I had no idea she was going to do that." He watched as her eyes trembled a little. "Rachel... She found out about you and was jealous..." He paused, trying to find the words to say to her as his own bad experience came back to his mind. "The night of the press premier. Rachel... Rachel drugged me and took me to a hotel room."

Lila's eyes widened now and a spark of the woman he loved came back. "What?! Woo..."

"I thought... I thought she had raped me. She set it up to make it look that way, and the fact that I couldn't remember anything didn't help. Yeosang and San came and got me and took me straight to the police to file a report. The only reason I didn't tell you... Is because I didn't want to take away from the time you were having with your dad." He finished by lowering his voice and looking down at the bed.

Then Lila surprised him by pulling him into a hug as they both started to cry.

Neither one spoke of apologies, or anything else as an acceptance fell over them. They had both been through something traumatic that neither one could have prevented with he way that things had lined up.

But they were together. And there was nothing to forgive.

"You have some visitors, by the way." Wooyoung whispered after a few minutes. He didn't want this to end, but he knew the others wanted to see her too.