Chapter 23 (the internships)

(Read Powerless BY ME MHA x Reader)

——————

I'm so excited for the internship I can't wait to see Gran Torino and for Izuku to meet him. We are currently on the train to get to his apartment right now. Izuku is super nervous it's hilarious. He keeps on asking me if he is really that scary and asks me what he is like. But I just respond by telling him that he will have to find out when they meet.

—Time Skip—
We get to his apartment and Izuku seems unsure about it. "Are you sure this is the place?" He asks me. "Yes Izuku I'm sure." I chuckle.

He gives me a worried look and I motion him to open the door. He knocks then opens the double red doors saying a "Hello? We here from UA high. It's Izuku Midoriya and (Y/N) Yagi. I'm really looking forward to..."

He trails off and I hear him gasp and he starts screaming. "Izuku what's wrong!" I yell. "Holy woah, he's dead!" As soon as he said that the old man lying in "blood" raises his head and says "I'm alive."

And of course Izuku yells at the top of his lungs "Ahh! He's alive!" I tilt my head away and squint my eyes. "Izuku...DID YOU HAVE TO YELL THAT LOUD IN MY EAR!" I yell into his ear and he cowers away from me. "S-sorry."

"I was carrying a nice big plate of sausages covered in ketchup when I accidentally tripped and fell down. Clumsy me." He explains while he brushes himself off. "Now who do you say you kids were?"

Izuku gives me a confused look and I just shrug. "I'm Izuku Midoriya from UA high school." He says, I give Gran Torino a 'look' then say. "And we've actually met before I'm (Y/N) Yagi, Toshinori's daughter. Remember?"

"Ah yes but you, you're who now?" He asks and points to Izuku and I go and sit on the couch. "I'm Izuku Midoriya!" He says a bit louder this time. "So what's your name boy?"

Before Izuku could respond Gran Torino "falls" to the ground in a sitting position. "I could really use some food." He says and Izuku looks at me concerned then turns to Gran Torino angry. "Some food?"
"Toshinori?"
"Midoriya!...Uh excuse me I just need to make a phone call." He tells him then steps outside when he does so Torino looks at me and I smirk and nod at him. Izuku looks back to see Torino going through the case that carries his suit. ("Honey! Where is my super suit?" 🤣)

"Hey, uh, wait, that's my stuff!" Izuku says frantically. "Why don't you fire a One for All smash at me? I wanna know how far you've come in terms of handling its power. This is a pretty good costume. Now where's that attack?"

"But sir." Izuku hesitates. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Gran Torino asks and I chuckle. "I'm here because I need to learn how to control One For All. I have to get so much better at it, and fast." Izuku says more serious. "I'm also here because I don't know if AllMight has much time left." When he says that my breath hitches and I look down. "I'm sorry. But I can't waste my whole week messing around like this, sir. I hope you'll excuse me." He bows then turns to leave.

"As I thought." Gran mumbles then uses his quirk to jump around the room at high speed before challenging Izuku once again to try and use a smash on him.Gran Torino continues using his quirk to move quickly around the room, often striking Izuku from behind.

"They made advancements to my suit." Izuku mumbles as he looks through his stuff. "What'd they do?" I ask him. "I don't know. It doesn't say.But wish they didn't, they didn't even ask me. I mean my mom made my costume so it feels wrong that they changed it." He tells me almost like he is just thinking and not actually talking to me. "Yeah I see where you are coming from but... try it on!"

—Tiny Time Skip—

"I'm ready!" Izuku declares.

Once again Gran Torino uses his quirk to jump around the room and attacking Izuku in the process. Izuku eventually reads his movements and attempts to punch him, but Torino avoids it and pins Izuku to the ground, defeating him. Torino tells Izuku that his admiration of my dad is holding him back, and that his movements are far too stiff even though he understands the quirk's fundamentals. He then leaves us behind to buy food as Izuku ponders his advice.