||22||

"Good morning, sleepy head," Shad was the first thing I saw as I woke up.

"What...happened?" I asked, sitting up and holding my head as a horrible ringing punched through it.

"You were attacked by Ten and Five," he reminded me, "sorry I wasn't there. I hate the fact I was lying in bed while you were being beaten up by those killers."

Wow his acting is amazing.

"Don't feel bad," I smiled, "are you feeling better?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "I think my food just settled wrong."

"That sucks," I chuckled before looking around, I was in recovery girls office-- wait-- recovery girl.

"Don't worry," Shad placed a hand on my shoulder, "she doesn't know."

I hope he's right.

"Y/n! You're awake!" Mina came flying in the room and leapt at me, landing with her arms wrapped around my neck and her body uncomfortably positioned on my right side.

"Yeah..." I replied awkwardly, "I'm awake."

"You were knocked out for three days!" she exclaimed, leaning back and move off me, "you better be ready because you've missed a ton of stuff!"

"I doubt it," I shrugged it off.

"Actually you missed a lot of training," Shad replied, "the sports festival is tomorrow."

"Really?" I asked before flopping down, "I can't be bothered."

"Hey hey! No time for being lazy!" Mina shouted, grabbing my hand and dragged me up out of the bed, "this is your only time to become noticed by pro hero agencies around the country!"

I don't want to be a hero.

I don't care about this stuff.

"Calm down, Mina, she just woke up," Shad laughed before she let me go and I sat back down again, "she needs to rest, if she isn't up for doing the festival then she can sit down. There's always next year."

Mina puffed her cheeks out before nodding.

"Anyway, I'll go get Recovery Girl now," she changed the conversation before waving and leaving us alone.

I looked to Shad annoyed.

"I'm not doing it," I told him, "I refuse."

"Well then..." he grinned and pulled out two needles of a familiar substance, "we know what to do."

"No no no no!" I tried to escape but he managed to put a needle in each shoulder and injecting me with the liquid.

A giant wave of queasiness washed over me and the urge to die in a hole of self pity arose.

"I hate you," I groaned before lying down again and curling up, "maybe if I cry, it'll go away?"

"Not that easy," Shad patted my arm before leaving, "oh recovery girl! She's awake, however..."

And the door shut.

This is horrible. I feel so dead.

°☕°

"Hey, y/n," a mess of green came to my suffering self's bedside, "Shad let me in. How're you?"

"I feel like my stomach is trying to rip itself from the inside out," I replied.

After Shad attacked me with those two injections of the sickness thing, it cleared up and then about half an hour later I actually got sick and it is disgusting. I hate it.

Seeing Izuku is making me feel even worse. He's such a bright person. Hero lover... and not sick.

"Well everyone sent me with a message for you," he perched on the end of my bed, I managed to sit up and looked at him curiously, "get comfortable, this may take a while."

"I can imagine," I laughed a little.

"Alright Mina says..."

Shad's PoV

I stood outside y/n's room and looked through the crack in the door to see Midoriya and her talking.

Our plan is going well.

Midoriya has stopped stuttering around her and seems a lot more comfortable so y/n isn't having to force conversations.

Though... Looking at the way they're both acting... I'm sure it's nothing.

"Yo, Midoriya," I walked in, "we got to go or we'll never get to school on time for the sports festival."

"Oh r-right," he nodded frantically. Still not comfortable around me though. Oh well, I've basically got Bakugo around my finger so I can get him to do something for me if needed.

"Rest up, y/n," I waved as we left the room and began going to school.

I glanced down to Midoriya, I'm really curious about what he thinks of y/n.

"So..." I trailed off, "you and y/n, huh?"

I know it's not real but it's the easiest way to catch someone's emotions.

"W-what?! N-no way! She's j-just my f-friend!" he exclaimed, I looked to him to see his face bright red and trying to hide his face with his hands.

Oh no... He likes her. This might be a bit... problematic if y/n kind of falls for him back. It will mess everything up! Everything! We should never have taken this job...

Oh shit.