Chapter 2: Meeting Ryoma

Echizen Ryoma POV

In the yard, this strange girl was playing with my old man. Though she was losing, I can tell that she has skills and shouldn't be underestimated. Auntie Nanako called them inside the house for dinner, the food was traditional Japanese style which is the type I hated the most.

"Hey, old man. Who is that girl and why is she here?" I questioned my father while glancing at the girl with a purple hoodie. I realised that the old man was looking at magazines and not paying attention to me, I decided to raise my voice and asked him.

"Ryoma stops being so loud, she is one of your cousins from Australia and has travelled here because of transferring to Rikkaidai. She is going to stay here until she graduates from high school," he answered clearly showing that he is annoyed. My mind was full of questions, why is she transferring to Rikkaidai? I had cousins? Why so long?

I reluctantly ate my dinner with all those questions in my head waiting to be asked but I know I couldn't ask my father since he is very carefree and playful which will make his answers unreliable. After the dinner, I was about to go upstairs but slipped from the wet floor and landed on my butt with a piece of purple cloth in my hands that I got from the girl's hoodie while falling since she was near me.

Tanaka Yuki POV

OMG!! My brand new hoodie has been ruined by this despicable guy, does he know how much money I have spent on his hoodie? I have been saving for half a year until I can buy this hoodie from the shop, and now all my hard work has been ruined in just a second by this guy. I was so mad that I decided to walk past him and to my room without saying a single word, I laid on my bed and cried myself to sleep.

Today was the first day of school and I need to retrieve my school timetable and uniform from Rikkaidai's front office, I opened my luggage to find another hoodie since the previous one has been damaged. Reality hit me hard, and the sad truth is that I forgot to bring extra hoodies. I decided to eat breakfast first just to clear up my mind, on the way to the kitchen I found a black hoodie with a sticky note with it.