~a babymoon~

~April 2019~

"Hey, you," Harry strolled into the living room, where his wife was sorting through a box of new-born clothes, reaching over her fully-grown bump. 

"Hi?" Meghan looked up dazed, wondering why the ginger was grinning so adorably, and why his hands were tucked neatly behind his back.

"I've got you a present," He stated simply, and the heavily pregnant woman furrowed her eyebrows in question.

"And why would you do that?" She finished folding a 'the future' onesie, and Harry rocked on his heels.

"Because I know how hard this pregnancy has been on you, and we never really took a proper break through the entire thing. It's just been go, go, go and I want you to stop and forget about everything else. Just focus on our little family."

"Oh no, what did you do?"

"I booked us a long weekend away in Hampshire, at a really fancy, cosy, hotel, you'll love it," He grinned, and Meghan shook her head as Harry neared the sofa, revealing some soft, fluffy socks from behind his back.

"I also, got you these to kickstart the little getaway, because I know how much you love comfy things."

"Harry, thank you so much, but you really didn't have to do this," Meghan took the socks and smiled at her husband's compassion.

"Yes, love, I did. I really did. I even packed a bag for you so that you wouldn't have to do that."

"When are we going?"

"We're leaving tonight," Harry wrapped his arm around her and she relaxed into his hold.

"You really packed everything for me?"

"What do you think I was doing whilst you were in here sorting clothes and watching... What is that you're watching?" His expression crumpled at the paused show displayed on the TV.

"Umm..." The brunette shook her head and leant over Harry in an attempt to grab the remote.

"What is it?" Harry was laughing at this point, stretching to obtain the buttons and press the information one.

"Meg, are you joking?" His eyes began to tear up from laughter, Meghan now giggling too.

"Whattt, I like it."

"The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? You like it? Since when?"

"Since a very long time actually," Meghan pushed herself further back on the sofa trying to relax her contracting muscles from the glee.

"Well this is a revelation for me, and we've known each other for what... The best part of three years?"

"Hmm, well just let me finish this episode, it's nearly finished. You know I've been bingeing them whilst you're out on engagements and I'm stuck here."

"Ooh, cabin fever makes you do crazy things, it's a good job we're going away for the weekend. I'm not moving so I guess I'm just going to have to watch it with you."