When Snowflakes Fall (WinterIron)

To make it short and simple, Tony hates winter.

Winter is the worst season of all.

It was too cold, and his nose would get all red. He couldn’t feel his face. It was really just the worst kind of weather.

But one thing about this horrid season that he enjoyed was the person that made him always think of winter. Bucky.

On his way to school this morning, he was considering just staying home. Not like it would affect his grades anyways, considering he was the smartest person at the school. One day missed wouldn’t kill him.

But he had to show up. He couldn’t make Howard mad.

Currently, his mother was over in Germany working with company business. His parents were almost always busy with their company. Often, there wasn’t enough time made for him. His mother would slip time in to visit him. To check what he’s been working on and show him love.

His father never cared unless it was a prototype for the company, or if it was something for him. Howard had gotten mad at the fact that Tony wanted love. His reasoning was that Tony had got everything a normal kid could ever ask for. All kids of toys, clothes, anything he asked for, he could get.

But he wasn’t normal.

He wasn’t asking for toys. He wasn’t asking for clothes.

He was asking for tools.

His father had been checking in with him a lot more lately, suspicious of the fact that Tony had been hiding in his room. At one point, he even yelled at Tony. The fight getting a bit heated. In the end, Jarvis was there to take care of him and help.

He had been working on this recent project for almost 6 months. He had wanted it to be perfect, but he had also wanted to avoid suspicions from his father. If his father had found out about what he was working on, he’d try to turn it into something the company invented. He’d put the project under his own name, not crediting Tony.

Tony did not want that. He had wanted this to be strictly secretive. This wasn’t for him, or Howard, or Stark Industries.

This was for someone special.

For Bucky.

Bucky had been friends with him for a while now. Ever since he transferred to their school. He and Steve were best friends, grew up together but got separated when Steve had moved away from Brooklyn to come to school in Manhattan.

Bucky shortly moved, a few months later. Steve and Tony had butted heads at first, not the best of friends in the beginning. But the more he got to know about the guy, the more he and Steve became friends.

Tony and Bruce would stay after school would stay after school and tutor kids. This would save them from having to go home right away, where both of them dreaded to go. So, they connected with principal Fury to open a tutoring time in the library. It was good, people came to the sessions every Tuesday and Thursday. The sessions were free, no cost to the students because the price was getting them away from home. Tony wished he could’ve got something in return for listening to the stupid questions and stuff. Maybe he could start charging by making the students bring coffee or something.