When Fate Is At Stake

Tony leaned over the edge of the balcony life edge on the ship. He could see the weird wizard doctor from New York, Doctor Stephen Strange, held up in the air. Ebony Maw had his hands, if Tony would even call those weird appendages hands, held up as they entrapped Stephen in a tight situation.

Stephen was suspended in the air by magic from the weird alien like creature. Tony rolled his eyes at that. Since when did a man of science like him have to put up with so much magic bullshit.

Back on track to the birthday wizard. He squinted as watched the sharp invisible like needles inch closer to Stephen. He devised the plan of just blasting that Squidward like alien's face off and just calling it a day, but he knew there was more to it than just that. He had to think this through more thoroughly.

He was so caught in thought that he hardly felt the hard nudge to his suit. It shook his arm while he was leaning against the pillar like metal and he immediately turned to face the intruder, repulsors already powering up to fire.

He gasped a bit, his breath unconsciously holding before he caught sight of the large piece of red fabric floating in the air. He sighed and lowered his repulsors a bit.

"Wow, you are seriously a loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" He frowned a bit as he looked over the floating fabric. The intricate stitches much more visible as he was now closer and got a better look at it.

"Yeah- uh. Speaking of loyalty..." Tony's head snapped to the direction of the voice. The kid. His face contorted into shock and anger in an instant. He turned to face the kid who jumped down onto the floor, facing Tony as he stood. His mask retracting.

"What the-"

"I know what you're gonna say-" Peter started, raising his hands in defense. The Cloak came around to Tony's left, looking between the two curiously, its collar tilted.

"You should not be here" Tony said firmly.

"I was gonna go home-" Peter tried to frantically explain to Tony as he gestured to the direction of earth with his hands, which was below them.

"I don't want to hear it-"

"But it was such a long way down, and I just thought about shooting webs-"

"And now I gotta hear it." Tony threw his arms out to his sides in a slight frustration.

"and they got stuck to the side of the ship, and this suit is ridiculously intuitive by the way." He defended.

"Damn it." Tony grumbled and turned his head to the right a bit with an eye roll.

"So, if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here." He tilted his head and pointed at Tony.

Tony lifted his head, a look of shock painted across his face again. The Cloak looked up with Tony and flared its edges a bit, looking at peter in surprise that he had said that to Tony.

"What did you just say?" Tony lifted a hand, pointing at Peter. Tony leaned forward while pointing. The cloak leaned forward with Tony, lifting an edge as a finger, mocking the man, but also scolding the child.

"I-I take that back... And now I'm here in space." He looked away a bit. Tony started stepping forward and approaching Peter.