31

We arrived at Rachel's house and waited at her door for anyone to answer. My mom licked her finger and wiped the corner of Justine's mouth.

Justine groaned and clinged unto my dad. She explain everything the happened to her at school to him and since then he's been watching out for her more.

He was going to go to her school but it wasn't open on the weekends, so he said he'll go with her Monday.

The door opened and Susan stood there smiling at us all. She looked beautiful. Her hair was curled in a side part and she had on a red long skinny dress.

"Wow what a beautiful family." She awed.

"Thank you." Ma smiled.

"Come in." She ushered us inside. We all followed her in and walked to the foyer. There were people already there having drinks and talking while admiring their house.

"I'm Susan by the way. I've met your daughter Desiree so I knew instantly who you guys were." She said to my parents.

"I'm Sharon and this is Andre." Ma said.

"Pleasure to meet you." Dad said and they all shook hands.

"I see the resemblance so well with you." Susan said to my dad as she looked at me and him. He chuckled.

"I guess it's the eyes." Dad said.

"I'll take this." Susan said as she gently grabbed the plate of potatoes salad my mom made.

"Des." I heard from behind me. I turned around seeing Rachel approaching.

She looked pretty as well. Her hair was straightened and she had on a white sleeveless dress with a short fur coat which was hiding her belly.

"Rachel hey." I said as we exchanged a hug.

"Hello." She waved at my parents and Justine.

"You look beautiful dear." Ma said.

"Thanks so do you guys, I'd have to give it to this family as the best look." She said. We all smiled.

"Andre!" We heard. Rachel's dad came from nowhere and greeted him.

"Mr. Jones. Thanks for inviting us here. I hope we aren't late." Dad said.

"Not at all, in this house everyone is considered on time. Thanks for coming. All of you." He said. Susan came and link her arms with him.

"I'm really grateful sir, especially for allowing me to have a day off." Dad said.

"You worked enough Andre, even if you worked less your great work wouldn't change." He chuckled.

"Well before this all start I have something to show you." Mr. Jones said to my dad.

"Alright. Ladies I'll be right back." Dad said to us.

"It will just take a sec." Mr. Jones said and they both left.

"I'm pretty sure your husband is his favourite. He doesn't talk about anyone else the way he talks about Andre." Susan said. Ma blushed.

"He tries very hard to not disappoint him, it's like he working for the president." She said and they both laughed.

"I have to use the bathroom." Justine said.

"Oh, well let's go." Ma said.

"It's ok, Rachel can take her." Susan said.

"Sure." Rachel smiled. She looked at me gesturing me to come along.