Episode 9; Back down to earth

On earth, the previous paladins have been working for days trying to find their children. Lance and Keith have been staying at Keith's house together for the time being, while the others remained at the Garrison. The two would return most days, but Shiro made sure they went home to rest. It was currently nighttime on their half of the earth, and lance and Keith are sitting on the couch.
"I can't believe there's still nothing." Lance says, putting his elbow on the side of the couch and his cheek in his hand. Keith peeked in from the kitchen and tries to smile.
"Look. I'm sure we're getting closer, it's just hard to know where to look. Shiro and Hunk know what they're doing, we need to trust them." Keith responds, trying to comfort him. Lance sighs.
"I know. If only Pidge didn't go with them, we'd be able to find them."
"I'm glad Pidge did go with them, or else they'd all probably be dead by now. She's probably keeping them safe and helping them." Keith says, placing down a tray of crackers and cheese he was setting up in the kitchen. He sits down beside lance. Keith takes some of the cheese from the tray and eats it. Lance makes a disgusted face.
"How can you just eat cheese like that, it's so gross."
"Like what?" Keith asks, mouth full of cheese.
"Like, without anything else? Like how can you just take just cheese and eat it on its own? It tastes so bad like that."
"I don't know, it's good. I like it at least. Gonna have any?" He asks. Lance thinks for a moment and sighs.
"Maybe in a bit. I'm not really hungry right now." Lance responds. Keith sighs and wipes his hands off with a napkin. He moves closer to Lance and gently puts a hand on his shoulder. Lance looks over at him, and gives a tired smile. Keith looks away for a second and takes a breath. He moves his hand down and takes Lances hand in his. Lance looks to their hands and then to Keith. Keith makes a nervous face, then looks seriously into Lances eyes.
"Lance?" He says nervously. Lance gulps.
"Y-yeah? What's up?"
"Well. It's been a while now... and you know I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I was actually going to ask not long ago but you know, a bunch of stuff happened. We have kids together, we're a couple, and it's been a few years and our kids are getting older."
"Yeah?"
"Well, Lance. I was wondering. Don't you think it's time..." he pauses. Lance can feel his heart beating loud, and his face get red. He wonders just what Keith is going to say.
"Don't you think it's time... that we move in together? It'll be so much easier on the kids when they get back, and they won't have to go back and forth or anything." He finishes. Lance makes an angry face.
"That's what all that build up was for? Jeez Keith you're killing me!" He drops his head down and laughs. "Yeah. You know what, I think it is time." He says looking around. Keith's eyes widen.
"Really?"
"Yeah. You've been waiting a while for me to get more comfortable, and at the very least I know I'd be glad to live with you Keith." He says, a small smile on his face. Keith smiles and hugs him.
"Thanks Lance. So. When should we tell the others?"
"Woah there pardner, hold your horses."
"Was that a joke about texa-"
"Yes, yes it was. But seriously, slow it down a bit. We literally just went over moving in, we haven't even packed anything." Lance says. Keith nods.
"That's true. Okay, so when do you want to pack? Tomorrow?" He asks. Lance laughs.
"You really want to move in together huh?"
"Well..." Keith looks away, blushing slightly. "....obviously." He finishes. Lance laughs.
"I guess so. But maybe you're right, we probably should tell the guys soon. I honestly don't know how well the stress of moving will go over with my brain." Lance explains. Keith agrees. The two decide to sleep for the night and start tomorrow. Lance follows Keith to his room, and Keith sets the bed up. He looks at Lance.
"Are you alright? You look pretty exhausted." He asks. Lance sighs.
"Yeah... I'm just worried. I know I can be a little overprotective of Isla, and I know Abbey can take care of herself but..."
"This is pretty different. Now you have a reason to be so worried. I know, I'm worried about them too."
"Keith, do you think they'll be okay?" Lance asks.
"Of course I do. If they're anything like us, I'm sure they'll be completely fine. Besides, they have Pidge. And I know Shay doesn't mind taking care of Ethan while we figure out how to get a hold of the others."
He says, kissing Lance on the cheek. Lance gives a tired smile.
"Yeah, I'm sure you're right. Hopefully we can get a hold of them soon. Ready for bed?"
"Yeah, let's get to bed. I might get up early and do some work around the house though, just a warning." Keith says. Lance smirks.
"Then I guess when you go back to bed you'll be sleeping on the couch. You know I'm not gonna let you ruin my beauty sleep by crawling back into bed at 5am." He teases. Keith smiles.
"Alright pretty boy." He climbs into bed beside Lance. "Goodnight."
"Goodnight Keith. I love you." He says. Keith smiles.
"Love you too, Lance." The two lay down and rest. Lance falls asleep easily, but finds himself in his juniberry field.