What are heats?

Heat is when an Omega becomes most fertile and is ready to mate or just hide away from people for the duration of their heat. Usually if an Omega has an Alpha mate they will stay with the Omega throughout the whole heat unless the Omega needs food or water and that is the only time an Alpha will leave the Omega's side during the heat but mainly during the heat they have sex and then rest until the Omega needs to be satisfied again. The Alpha is there to keep a watchful eye on their Omega and to care for them, however, they are still dominant when in bed. However heats can be dangerous for Omegas that do not have a mate, they should never leave the security of their home as there is a possibility that they would be raped and forced into many things and even if they protest or run, there is no guarantee that the Omega will be safe. So, putting into basics, they usually lock themselves away in their room and use toys to get them through the heat. On the good side of heats, the Omega will self-lubricate, creating a substance often referred to as slick, meaning the Omega will not require a lot of preparation before sex. During these heats, the Omegas hormones go crazy making them produce a strong scent that attracts Alphas for mating, however, if there is already an Alpha present the Alpha will fight the others off to protect their Omega. In some verses, some buildings have rooms in basements or sectioned off areas where Omegas that suddenly experience a heat where they can be put to get some help. In some verses there are also pills that will help suppress these heats, in other verses, there are washes that help cover up scents. There are also pads for Omegas that soak up the lubricant if the Omega is ever out in public during their heat.