Chapter 31: Date Night

Jack and I spent all of the previous night figuring out a way to sneak me out without my parents noticing. I tried asking them if I could go to Serena's for a study session but they even denied that. They really didn't give a shit if I failed school at this rate by denying that excuse. So it was settled that I'd be let out in the very early hours of the morning whilst our parents were asleep. Jack sent a message to Serena saying I'd be at hers to get ready for my date with Alex and Alex was told to collect me from there. As Jack kept watch, I left through the front door, giving him a hug.
"You text Alex if anything happens and I'll be right home" I say.
"You worry about having fun. I'll be okay."
With those last words I run down the street, not wanting to take any chances. Thank god Serena only lived up the road so I didn't have to travel far. I go around the back and knock on her window which she opens. I jump inside landing on her bed.
"Why does this feel like a spy mission?" She questions as she shuts the window.
"Because it kinda is" I say putting my bag on the ground, "besides, you said you wanted me over to get ready for the date."
"That is true and I have the perfect makeup look for you."
We had a full day before Alex would come and get me so we just spent most of the day hanging out and talking.
"Oh I forgot to tell you something yesterday" I say with some excitement.
"Please inform me."
"Alex told me he loved me" I say and Serena looks overjoyed, "and I said it back."
"Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for you!" She squeals hugging me, "I told you he loves you!"
"Honestly after recent events, I know Alex is the one. He's the only guy I ever want in my life. I love him so much that words can't describe. He's amazing."
"Awwww, you two are so god damn sweet."
We talked about what Alex could possibly have planned at the carnival, talked about guys Serena had an interest in, talked about if Cori was secretly seeing someone and so much other gossip. Before we knew it, we were rushing to get me ready.
"Do I have to wear mascara? It's so yucky on my lashes" I state pulling a face.
"Oh my gosh hold still and yes you do, because I say so."
"Ok mum" I say and she rolls her eyes.
"Just blink when I tell you too."
As she finished up, I look in the full body mirror at myself.
"What do you think?"

"Holy shit" I say

"Holy shit" I say.
I couldn't even recognise myself. For once I felt beautiful. Like I believed the words Alex spoke to me. It was like I was looking at myself through another set of eyes.
"Serena, you did an amazing job I love it. For once I feel..."
"Gorgeous? Because you are drop dead gorgeous."
A ring of the doorbell alerts us, following Serena's mum calling up to us.
"Oh shit he's here" I say, "why am I nervous all of a sudden? I see Alex all the time."
"It's because you're going on a date come on" she says leading me down stairs.
I was beyond nervous. Here I am looking all dressed up and so different, what if he changes his mind? What if I'm suddenly not the girl for him?
"I can tell your mind is spinning. You look beautiful, Alex will love you now answer the god damn door" Serena says
"It's your house, you answer it."
She gives me a look, "god I'd be running to the door if I had a boyfriend rock up."
She goes to the door and unlocks it and I hang around the hallway.
"Hey Alex how're you?"
"Hey Serena I'm good, is Kris ready to go."
"Oh she's more than ready" Serena turns to me and waves her hand at me.
She opens the door a bit wider and Alex sees me and I couldn't stop staring at how he was dressed. It was the best I'd ever seen him. He had a navy over shirt on top of a white tshirt, black jeans and some fancy shoes. His hair still had a messy but styled look and he'd freshly shaven as well to get rid of any stubble he'd started growing.