17.

Eddy

Eddy was going to be a good ghost and listen to Brett, honestly, but the sound of the gunshot and seeing the ambulance got the better of him. He spent a minute trying to concentrate on passing through the stupid door, and of course it didn't work this time either so he decided to wait until most of the people ran after Brett and the other police officer Eddy couldn't remember the name of and took the chance of opening the door to get out.

He didn't expect the next thing to happen to be the ambulance pulling up, two officers carrying a very obviously panicking Brett towards it and onto the stretcher.
"B...Brett!" he exclaimed, knowing that other people couldn't hear him anyway and ran over, avoiding to be in the way of the ambulance people. Brett turned to him, mouthing "Eddy" at him without a sound, and that's when Eddy decided to go with him despite being told to stay in the car.

He didn't realize he himself was panicking until they got to the hospital and he lost sight of Brett for only a few moments and he was gone.After wandering the halls for what felt like forever, he spotted someone he certainly didn't expect to spot.
"Ray Chen? Did something happen to him?" he muttered to himself, furrowing his brows, but just a moment later he was interrupted by a shrill voice.
"Yeees he's gooorgeous isn't he?" a female ghost a lot shorter than Eddy shrieked, obviously fangirling. "Such an amaaazing artist, so talented!"
Eddy took a step back.
"Oh uh, I guess?" he replied, running his hand through his hair. He had to find Brett, but Ray was his friend too. He had to know what had happened to him. "Do you know why he's here?"
"Ahhh he didn't say what happened! Hurt his hand a couple of days ago! And a violinist too!" the small ghost shrieked again, and Eddy felt the need to cover his ears.
"Right, thanks. You don't happen to know how to find someone in here, by the way?"
The short ghost walked all the way up to him with the widest grin, and Eddy caught himself thinking that this girl was absolutely mad, even for a ghost.
"Nuuurses' stationnn!!" she shrieked. "Now leave me and Ray alone!! We're making looooove tonight!"

Eddy quickly walked away from the insane ghost fawning over a very much alive man. It was sad in a way, but he wasn't that much better himself. He found the nurses' station, and amazingly they had a list of all the patients admitted there. He looked around, making sure nobody was looking and flipped through it until he found Brett's name and room number. That had to mean he was stable, he would make it. He couldn't die on him. What the hell would he do then?

Seeing Brett unconscious and with the oxygen mask and the IV in his arm made him feel like he was about to cry. The hospital room was too white, and Brett looked too pale."Brett", he breathed, feeling his whole being tremble. He half ran over to him and took his hand, ignoring how weird that would look to anyone walking in. "Oh my god Brett, you have to be more careful."He gently touched his lips against Brett's hand and pulled up the chair to sit next to his bed. Time must have passed quicker than he though, because there was a large bandage on Brett's shoulder. They must've operated him already."I fucking love you, Brett. You have to be more careful", Eddy whispered, peeking up at Brett's heart monitor keeping a steady pace. "How do you expect me to cope with being a ghost if you move on to the other side, huh?"