Chapter III : The Invitation

Ciel's POV

I continued to stare at Alois' "Invitation for dance" as I carefully read the words on it. Alois didn't even try to hide it, everything about his letter had malevolent intent practically carved into the words.

After a few minutes of me staring into his letter a knock sounded on my door and snapped me back into reality.

"Come in!" I said slightly annoyed.

As the door creaked open I saw Sebastian holding the door open for (M/N) to enter, As if by instinct, I immediately sat upright and fixed my posture in order to look presentable.

"Good morning, Ciel" (M/N) said calmly as he sat down on the chair in front of me.

"Good morning, (M/N)" i replied with a light smile. In that same moment Sebastian excused himself out of the room.

After (M/N) settled into his chair, he pulled something out of his pocket and placed it on my table, a letter with a spider emblem on it. My expression immediately darkened into a worried and frustrated state.

"So you got it too huh?" I asked.

"Yes, and its only natural for him to also give you one... I assume you know what it means?" (M/N) asked.

"Of course i do, he wants a fight." I replied.

(M/N) simply nodded.

I sighed and leaned back to my chair, my thoughts unclear on what to do next, could Alois really be so confident as to challange two noble families at one time, although im sure Sebastian could hold his own against Claude, i fear for (M/N)'s safety in this scenario.

"Well... he's going to want a response, and i for one want to end this now." (M/N) said as he pulls out a gun.

" what?! (M/N) Do you even know what he-"

"He has demon servants." (M/N) said cutting me off. I was shocked that he knew, but as i opened my mouth to say something, (M/N) continued.

"And so do you." This completely had me baffled and at a loss for words. I just stayed there, eyes (well... eye. Singular) wide and an open gaping mouth. After what seemed to be a couple of minutes of me staying in that state and (M/N) calmly considering his words. He looks at me and smiles as he sees my expression, he puts his hand on my chin and pushes it up, closing my mouth.

He stayed quiet for some time, im assuming to let me completely take in the situation. After i was able to (at least) think again, i looked at him with confirmation. (M/N) inhaled and continued on.

"Look... I know what Claude and Sebastian are, and i also know that this is a very dangerous endavour. But we have something to turn the ods, or rather... someone."

Realization slapped me. Hard.

"Jade...." I said as I exhailed the air I was keeping in my lungs for who knows how long.

"You always were a sharp one Ciel, but I was expecting you to figure it out quicker than you did." (M/N) said to me with a teasing grin.

"Don't you think its a little far off to think someone's maid is a demon just because they look strange?" I retaliated to his teasing. Admitedly rather badly but in this state, I can't think straight so I just say what came to my brain.

"Anyway, what of Alois? I want to end him while we have the chance, and this time we have concrete reason for The Queen to why we attacked him." (M/N) said as he held the letter close to my face with what seems to be a slightly evil grin.

After some consideration, I decided to agree to (M/N)'s notion. Alois has to be stopped and now we have evidence that he was the one who initiated the advance to the duel.

"Very well, Sebastian and I shall make preparations for the battle, you should do so too."

(M/N) nodded and got up from his chair and walked towards the door, I cought up and walked next to him, seeing how he seems to be slightly shorter than me, but I know he's wearing heels so he's probably shorter than this.

After saying our goodbyes, (M/N) returned to his manor to prepare and we plan to meet at Trancy Manor to end this once and for all.

As Sebastian and I prepared for the trip to Trancy Manor, I informed my servants to guard the manor and be prepared if by any chance we return with any injuries. And with that all settled, Sebastian tapped the top of the carrige to inform coach that we were ready to go.

"I hope this is going to turn out well...."

And with that, we were off to see what Trancy has in store for us.

Ello everyone! Im so so sorry for such a long delay on my story but I've updated now. 810 words, I hope that you have enjoyed my story. Anyway Chapter 4 is still on the draft table and I will see you on the next chapter, Chao!