1. To Co-Parenting

Chicago, Illinois
2017

Giselle Rose

"Did he get there yet?" Juliana's voice came through the speaker as I re-entered the living room of my messy place.

I had just moved to Chicago 3 weeks ago and to say the least, I was still settling in. Moving from one state to another wasn't easy, especially when you were doing it alone.

Closing my eyes, I plopped down on the sofa with a sigh. I was exhausted. I had been up since early this morning unpacking and cleaning.

"Of course not." I rolled my eyes at her question.

"He's been purposely dropping him off late since the move. Now that it requires a flight, he's really gonna show his ass." I scoffed, thinking about my son's father.

Lord knows he knew how to get under my skin.

"Yeah, I'm sure. What time was your appointment?" She asked.

"1:30pm. I called to let them know that I would be running late. Good thing they're doing tours until 5pm." I replied.

"God, he can be such an asshole sometimes." My eyes rolled, just thinking about my son's father.

J'aire Ellis; better known as Polo is a well known rapper from NYC. He's signed to Def Jam and has a joint partnership with Mass Appeal, so I guess you could say that he was doing well in life.

However, his lifestyle didn't allow for him to be around 24/7. But even with his limited time, J'aire was a present and active father to our son.

He showed up for everything even if that meant being late.

And he hated being late.

Baseball games, parent/teacher conferences, doctors appointments, etc. No matter how much he got on my nerves, I couldn't deny that he was a great father.

"Has he at least landed?" I scoffed at her question.

"He should have been landed, that's the problem. It doesn't take that long to--" Sudden knocking at my front door cut my sentence short, causing me to glance over at it.

"That must be him." Juliana stated.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear. I'll call you later."I gave her my goodbyes before marching my mad ass over to answer the door.

By the look on his face, I knew that he knew what was coming next. He went to part his lips and I cut him right off.

"Late and still didn't have time to change?" I started, looking over his fit.

He had that shit on last night.

"Let me guess. Club appearance, studio, mad liquor and weed then passed out. Got up late and rushed to the airport. And I told you to call me when you landed and you didn't even do that." I paused, crossing my arms.

He continued to look stuck on stupid as he passed me, going over to the sofa.

"Made me miss the tour appointment with the school because you wanna play the club. You're so fucking inconsiderate sometimes, J." I was fuming and I'm sure my brown cheeks were now red.