5. First Time For Everything

Giselle Rose

"I'm going to be honest with you Ms. Rose, these children are tough." Mrs. Dubois spoke straightforwardly.

"Respecting authority is not exactly in their everyday routine. We've lost a number of mentors within the last 2 months." She explained.

I nodded in understanding.

After getting Ju through the first week of school, I took the time to look for other work.

I didn't get my masters in business for nothing.

Alongside Mama Rose' Kitchen, I had my own cooking channel on YouTube, which I started 2 years ago.

It was growing successfully too, as well as my first recipe book, which I released the beginning of this year.

And I had plans to open a restaurant next year.

But, outside of the food world, I was also signed to a modeling agency.

My mother had introduced me to the modeling world when I was a kid and it stuck.

I reverted back to it in college mainly, doing  shoots here and there, becoming 'popular' over the years.

The latest gig I landed had to be my favorite of all though.

In a couple of weeks, Rihanna herself would be launching her new lingerie line; FENTY, which I was totally honored to be apart of.

Truthfully, I had never thought about how far my modeling career would go.

But this was an amazing stepping stone and I was taking full advantage of it.

"I know. And that's why I want to do this. I grew up in a very loving home with family traditions. I just want the same for those that are unfortunate." I spoke truthfully.

It has always been my mission to mentor younger children, ages ranging from eleven to fifteen.

Growing up an only child I often spent most of my time alone.

But I did have a gang of cousins on both sides.

Kourtney; my Auntie Vonne's oldest daughter is someone I consider myself to be extremely close to.

When we were younger we were like two peas in a pod.

As we got older some things had changed, causing us to go our separate ways but that didn't break our bond.

Now she lives in Jersey with her 2 daughters Kali and Kaia.

Besides her, I had my small group of friends but that was it.

"That is really sweet of you. Admirable. Similar to why I started doing this." Mrs. Dubois smiled.

"Unlike you, I lived in an unhealthy household. No one to turn to which is why I am that person for these lost babies." She informed me.

"I'm sorry. I know that must have been tough." I sympathized.

"Oh it's fine. It has made me the woman I am today." She giggled.