4.Food For Thought

Landon Casey

September

"LadyBug, come on it's time to get up

"LadyBug, come on it's time to get up." I rasped, rubbing at my own eyes.

I had been up for about an hour, making breakfast and getting Lay's school things out.

Today was her first day of Pre K.

Sometimes I forget that she's still a little one because she was so advanced.

Layton had been receiving some type of schooling since the age of one.

From daycare to the head start program before she attended GEMS.

I've always been told that she was super smart for her age.

Just at nine months she was taking steps and repeating words.

She was an adult in a child's body I swear.

"Three more minutes Daddy, please." She whined, turning over on her right side.

"That's not a long time." I chuckled, placing a kiss to her forehead.

"I'ght then. Three more minutes.." After fixing her bunny blanket, I stood and left her alone.

"Is she up yet?" Amber asked as soon as I turned from Layton's door.

So far her visits have been consistent but that meant nothing to me.

They could stop at any second.

But, as long as Layton was happy, that's all
that mattered.

"Nah. She asked for three more minutes, I guess she's tired." I chuckled a bit.

"Do you want breakfast? I could whip up something before we take her to school." She offered.

"Uh, yeah...sure." I responded hesitantly.

"No worries. I know that this means nothing even if you did let me stay the night." She winked before heading toward the spiral staircase.

Last night I let her crash in the guest room so  she could be here when Layton got up.

She did her hair last night but I'm sure she'd have to touch it up or something.

"I'm gonna make a call." I told her before I went back to my room.

I had an early project at a rehab center but I was taking Layton to school first.