Chapter 2: Mystery singer

(Third person view) Okumura twins are 15

As the years went by things were almost normal and Rin carried on to get along with everyone in the church but it's not like he had to try they always seemed to love and get along with him anyway. Rin became more and more rebellious at the age of 11, got into more and more fights and life was heading in a never-ending downwards spiral for him. It seemed only confirming the truth even more for Rin.

Rin had thought about leaving school when he was 15 but that dropped to 14 when things were only getting worse and he wanted out of school. It was only a place to get bullied and beat up bullies after all.

That's when Rin decided to make a run for it, he ran away when the old man and Yukio were on an exorcism trip and the other churchmen were sleeping. He got on a train and headed to Kyoto, he'd met a boy nicknamed, the boy from the cursed temple, also known as Ryuji Suguro or Bon. Ryuji and his parents had let him stay with them until he could stand on his own two feet which took around seven months.

He got a small house in town. He and Ryuji were very good friends, that was until a demon attacked and his flames broke through the seal from the need to protect the ones he cared for. Rin barely had any knowledge of the flames other than the books he'd read as a child. The temple's residents feared him, other than Tatsuma of course. He knew who the boy was now but didn't dare call Shiro knowing the boy had worked hard to stay away from his former family and would let the boy contact them in his own time if he ever did that is.

Over time he earned Ryuji and the rest of the temple's trust but they became good friends again. He would rarely hang out with Ryuji's childhood friends though due to them not being fond of him. However, it was mainly Koneko influencing Shima.

Rin had eventually told them everything including what he was and why he was there. During them.being friends again they had a karaoke night finding out Rin had a very good voice. Toraka also helped the boy to read better thus leading him creating his own music. He created a small band that helped with creating the sound and he sang. This was during the summer when he was 15.

____________

four months after Rin running away

It was Yukio's first yes of celebrating his birthday without his Nii~San it felt odd to all of them. They had tried searching for the boy for the past months but nothing came up. He felt he wasn't ready to spend his birthday without the one he had always spent celebrating his brother with.

They all sat around the table ready to blow out the candles as a tear rolled down the youngest cheek. He questioned mentally where his brother had disappeared to. He wiped the tear away as Shiro spoke up. "We all miss Rin but let's try to make the best of the night alright?" Shiro proposed and the others agreed with nods and hums. The night played on with laughs and smiles forgetting their troubles for a few hours.

____________

Yukio felt a tap on his shoulder sitting down at the dining table, he took out his earphones and looked up beside him to see Shiro. "You seem to have your earphones in more often than usual," Shiro commented raising an eyebrow to the teen. "Yeah, it's because there's a new singer and he's really good, his music's great," Yukio replied to the comment. Shiro thought for a moment. "Mind if I hear?" Shiro asked and Yukio replied with a raised eyebrow and a 'sure'. He didn't think his father was the music type. He pulled a chair over and began listening.

(All songs belong to their rightful owners. Rin's singer name is The Good Demon. All I could think of on the spot).

As the song started Shiro was unsure of it but as the words came in he began to like it more.