five

Ria went back to her seat only to find Jisung all alone in the classroom. She sat quietly at the back of the class and grabbed one of her textbooks. She could only see the back of his head from where she was sitting. Without any warning, he suddenly turned his head and looked straight into her eyes.

She yelped and immediately hid her face with her textbook. Footsteps drew near her until the person she least expected to approach her was in front of her eyes.

"Hi," she spoke first, her voice was calm and confused.

"It must be hard doing the project all alone, huh?" Jisung started before sitting down on the chair in front of her desk. It was just like last time when they first had a real conversation. "Not that I'm mocking you or anything. I'm not like that." He added, the same old awkward laugh escaped his lips.

Ria didn't know how she was able to contain herself from freaking out but somehow she managed to be normal while in front of him.

"It sucks but they're counting on me. I can't let them down," She replied, shrugging her shoulders slightly.

For a second, her eyes locked with his. It gave her butterflies in an instant. She had finallyrealized that this wasn't just one of her fantasies. He was actually there, talking to her.

And, she wanted that. Now, it's finally happening.

"Maybe I can help you? I know I don't have the brains but I can be helpful, too." He smiled.

Shit, he just smiled.

"No, it's okay. I think I will be able to handle it. Besides, you have your own project to work on. I wouldn't want to bother you," she explained, feeling a bit uneasy on her seat. "Maybe I can ask for your help someday?"

"Oh, sure." He shortly replied. He turned his back on her for a second and then turned to face her once again. "We never got to talk much last year even though we're in the same year," he said.

"Well. . ." he continued, "I hope this year will be different for the both of us."