Tutoring

As I walked up to the second floor, I looked for the room.

232... 
230, 231,
232!

It's here! I took in a deep breathe and walked in. It was a new year. It will be the best year!

I took my binder out of my bag. It was a gradient from pink to teal with metallic gold unicorns on it. It also had a name tag that said 'Jana.'

"Okay today we will do tutoring." Mr. Lore said.

Tutoring? That is new...

"You will be in groups of 3. 2 people from this class and 1, the tutor, from your senior class." He explained.

"I will say the trios. First, Iva, Miya, and Trevor." He announced.

Iva's face went red and Miya also looked startled. But while Miya made herself look calm again, Iva looked like she was facing doomsday.

Oh... I thought with a grin.

Do they like him?

I know Iva does, but what about Miya. She never really likes anyone. At least now I can finally tease them about something! Being partnered with your crush and your friend who also has the same crush! I feel so bad for them both.

"Next is Rosita, Shuvana, and Anika." Mr.Lore announced.

Rosita and Shuvana looked okay with that. Anika is so pretty! If I looked like that, maybe I could make that guy like me...

I had thoughts like this for a long time. As our homeroom teacher said the rest of the groups. Ayesha and Ida got in the same group, along with a girl named Shuzana.

Breaking me out of my thoughts, Mr. Lore announces,

"And the last trio, Nikki, Jana, and Mike."

Hmm.. I wonder who that is...

I let out an audible gasp as I saw him.

It was the same person as the train.

It was my crush.

I slowly realized...

Nikki likes him, too!

Maybe I shouldn't have been happy I am not the only one who likes him.

He came over to us.

"Hello, Nikki and Jana." he said.

His voice was amazing. I got shivers from when he said my name. I wanted him to say it again.

"H-Hello!" I said.

Did I just stutter? Me? What is wrong with me? I never stuttered before in front of a boy that is barely older than me.

"Hi! You are Mike right?" Nikki asked.

"Yes." He replied.

"Jana do you understand page 67 of the textbook?" Nikki asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Oh okay then! Mike, can you teach me it? I am having some problems." Nikki asked.

"Of course." Mike answered.

"Alright it is a date! I will come to your table during lunch!" Nikki said.

Did she just say it is a date? They just met! Is she trying to get reported to the teacher or something-

Mike nodded and left.

He did not care...

At all?

•Lunch Time•

The day was ordinary and boring. We had ELA, Math, Science, and now lunch. Nothing fun yet. I ate my food and looked around the cafeteria.

I looked at the senior area and immediately regretted it. I saw them. It was Nikki and Mike. They looked so cute together.

But what was this feeling?

Regret?

Do I wish I said I didn't understand?

Jealousy?

Am I jealous of Nikki for being so close to Mike?

How did she become just good friends with him? They just met. It is sad that I am so anti social. Maybe he would've liked me, too.

"Oi, how did your tutoring go?"

I looked up and saw Ida talking to Nikki.

"It was absolutely great! He said to meet again after school at the cafe." Nikki exclaimed.

"So are you two already dating?" Shuvana asks.

"Of course not! But I feel like we are getting there..." Nikki said and laughed.

"Awww..." Shuvana and Ida said.