A Familiar Face

Ugh. I thought as I woke up. It was morning already and I swear I just went to sleep about 5 minutes ago.

BEEP!!
BEEP!!
BEEP!!

My alarm clock showed 7:00 AM. If I didn't get ready soon, I will be late for my first day of school.

I freshened up in the bathroom and put on that face wash that smells like lavender. I put on my green and gray uniform and tied my long, blonde hair into two ponytails. I used a green bow to make the hairstyle look more cute.

Okay

Okay.
That took about 5 minutes.
It will be about 7:40 by the time I reach school.
I put on my gray and green sneakers and backpack.
I busted the door open and headed out. I hope my friends waited for me. We were supposed to meet at 7:15 AM.

And I was right.
I saw the 7 girls socializing in a circle.

"OI! WHY ARE YOU SO LATE!" Nikki asked.

"I am not! I came on time!" I argued.

"We are gonna miss the train and be late if you two don't come." I heard Rosita say.

I looked around and realized me and Nikki were the only ones there as the other girls were already walking to the train station.

"WAIT FOR ME!" I yelled and ran after them.

I caught up and hugged Miya.

"Stop it or I will punch you." She said.

Well I certainly wasn't feeling like getting punched by her inhumane strength so I let go. We headed down to the subway.

I slid under the bars and opened the emergency exit for my friends.

"The advantages of being short." Rosita said.

"Shut up." I said

Oops. I thought as Rosita gave me a death glare. I forgot that I was supposed to act more "mature" since I am now going to high school.

"I-I mean, shut doesn't go up!" I corrected.

"Oh so that is your new quote?" Rosita asked as she walked over to the train.

"Yes." I replied.

I was surprised to see many students with the same uniform as us on the train.

"This school sure is popular." Ayesha commented.

"You think?" Iva said passive aggressively.

The doors of the train closed and it started moving. Miya kept staring one direction. I looked and saw a boy. He looked familiar and I felt like I saw him somewhere before.

Oh!

I thought.

I am pretty sure he was in my same elementary school.

———————————————————————————

"Rosita! Jana! Doesn't that boy look like my brother?" Miya said and pointed to a 5th grader.
I looked over to where she was staring and saw a pale, tall boy.

"To be honest, the only similarity is the pale skin and dark brown hair. The face is kind of similar I guess." Rosita said.

"Yeah." I agreed.

———————————————————————————

He caught me staring and looked at me. I immediately looked behind him to act like nothing ever happened. Damn he was good looking.

"Wasn't that the same dude who went to our elementary and middle school?" Miya whispered.

"He is!" Rosita whispered back.

"He is hot." I said.

"Ooh! Someone has got a little crush~" Rosita teased.

"Hush!" I said.

Rosita and Miya chuckled.

"This stop is, XXX Avenue." Was heard through the speaker.

The doors opened and we all walked out of the train like a stampede. Only 3 more blocks to walk until we can go to our new school!