CHAPTER 11 part 2

Martin sighed then said, "Okay give it a few more hours thereafter we will decide together what to do."

Sindy felt tears in her eyes she felt so defeated all she wanted was Brett safe in her arms. She fell into Martin's chest and cried, "I want my son Martin..."

Wade sat on his bed, he could not believe that Brett had been kidnapped. He felt devastated and hoped that his step-brother would be found. He pondered to himself on who could have kidnapped Brett.

It had to be Macey, Brett was scared of her I saw and he told me, Wade thought.

That was the only thing that made sense to him it had to be. Another note was that after the detectives questioned her she just vanished thereafter, what a coincidence the day she arrives Brett goes missing. If it were her though why would she come back the next day reporting to work? Perhaps she was an amateur kidnapper.

Or maybe she's trying to not look like an obvious suspect how dumb, Wade thought miserably.

He hated being guarded twenty four seven now that Brett went missing Martin instructed one of his drivers to pick and drop Wade from school and also told Wade not to loiter around alone for now until Brett was found. It was frustrating to abide by nevertheless Wade did as he was told besides he could see how stressed and hysterical his parents were and did not want to add to it. It suddenly occurred to Wade about the mystery calls regarding Lauren that he got lately. After he told the man to get lost he did not here from him again. He then remembered the last words that the man told him it was actually a threat , "Stupid kid you going to regret this".

Wade froze. What if that man kidnapped Brett? A sort of revenge tactic he put upon Wade. What if he was the reason for Brett's disappearance? Wade's heart shuddered what if it was all his fault? Wade suddenly wished the man would call so he could set things straight and rest his conscious. He felt so terrible and would regret it for the rest of his life should anything happen to Brett. Wade panicked he did not know whether he should confront his parents and tell them about the mystery man's threat . If he did though they would surely be disappointed in him for not telling them immediately. Then he would have to live with the regret and hatred from his parents for the rest of his life. Wade buried his face in his hands deciding what he should do.

Why couldn't I be the one kidnapped? That man should have taken me instead, Wade thought melancholy.

Wade lay back on his bed and sighed he felt so helpless and miserable at this point all locked up.

It's all my fault. I need to be the one to find Brett, Wade thought bitterly.

Wade made a decision, tonight whilst everyone was asleep he would sneak out the house and go looking for Brett. He would leave a note for his parents informing them so that they would not stress that much and assume that he had also been kidnapped. He had to do this. For Brett.