Endurance

S t o i c k

I wake to the sounds of shouting. Am I getting-

"No, my silent friend; no one is coming  to get you. Move him!"

I suddenly feel a sharp pain on the back of my skull and everything goes black.

T o t h l e s s

The large Wooden-box-that-floats began to move (A/N: I decided to do dragon thoughts like in the inheritance cycle, hope you like it). Suddenly, the door opens and the large-man-hiccup-father was thrown in; also in chains. I stayed back in the shadows, as far back as the metal-that-bends-but-not-breaks would let me. The Human stirs, not noticing me yet.

"where am I getting dragged off to now..." He states to no one. I let out a small growl, getting his attention.

"Night Fury... not just any, I see that tail... Toothless?" He says cautiously.

How does this Dragon-killer know my name? Hiccup never told him about me until that day... I suddenly hissed at him and started to charge up a blast. This human tried to kill me and hurt his own hatchling!

his face a mask of regret, he says. "I know what I did... I thought you controlled my son somehow. I know I'm wrong now, but what does that matter? Kill me, if you deem it necessary." Baring his chest for me to blast.

This takes me off gaurd. This isnt the same two-legs I saw back at Berk, instead of trying to control me like everyone else; he's allowing me to have control. I swallow the plasma and look back at him, closer. He's doing what those two-legs call crying, when they get emotinal. 

He looks up at me, and asks. "Can you forgive me?"

I stare him down, pondering it. I remember the fighting sounds, dragons and Vikings... and hiccup's scent. He was here, its fresh on Hiccup-father, along with the smell of man-blood. But Hiccup's scent is gone now, it left during that battle. He was here to help, not hurt. I made the decision there and nosed his hand onto my snout. He looked suprised, I softened my gaze on him, and I saw his face change. He understood.

S t o i c k

I was still standing there, staring into Toothless's eyes in wonder when the door was thrown open.

"Ah, he likes you I see; too bad, I was hoping he would eat you." says  Drago as his men wrestle toothless out the door.

"Where are you taking him-" 

"Oh, like I told you dear son, He who controls the alpha, controls them all. that dragon has been to the Red Death's Nest. Once I conquer it, I will be truly unstopable. I will rule all of the archepeligo, and then sail to discover new lands, and control them as well.

"But why him? Theres a whole nest full of dragons to chose from?"

"Simple, The alpha has control over her flock, and their minds. if I try and capture a dragon from her nest, they loose their sanity. But this one... He is not part of the nest. He still remembers where it is."

"you have messed with the wrong tribe, Drago. We have been fighting dragons for 300 years, what makes you think a dragon army is going to stop us?"

"Oh Stoick, your little brat has already started that for me. those idiots think they can tame and ride dragons out of some sort of bond. but the alpha's control is much more powerful. I will use their own dragons to defeat them!"

H i c c u p

"Drago's armada is on the move, Chief!" shouts Astrid.

"Our Winter stores are too low!" Shouts one.

"The dragons are eating all my sheep!" says another.

Me and Gobber continue to be bombarded with information and problems.

I look over at Gobber, He's just as swamped as me. "OK, Send scouts out to keep me updated on Drago's Position; crack into the emergency food stores and breed more chickens; Move your sheep to a more wooded pasture and try and make dragon costumes for them, also, fishermen; I need you guys to double your production by training dragons to fish themselves."

I think to myself, Is this what dad put up with every day? I started to feel a little sorry for him. but that brought my thoughts to Drago... 

"Astrid, where is Drago's armada Heading?"

"Due Northwest of us... The Nest!" She cries out in horror. 

The room falls silent.

I clutch my head in my stupidity. Ive been so swamped with my injury and the village that I forgot one of the things Drago said he was going to do...

"He's building an army... out of dragons."

A/N: how did you like the extremely improper nouns there? also I love the average human description of "Two-Legs". So, now drago has bragged to everyone and everyone knows his plans (typical), how do you guys like it? No worrys, Valka will be introduced sometime later. also, to those of you here for hiccstrid, that is definitely coming. I just need to lay some groundwork.