Authors Note

Originally I wrote a story about Beth, Toby and Brodie when I was 14 years old. I published it on Wattpad and was absolutely infatuated in watching the reads go up, and seeing people interact with something that I was so proud of. As the years went by, I forgot about my little story and the huge impact it had on my teenage years.

 8 years later, I came across a printed copy of my story (you see, my grandparents printed my first story for me to keep as a congratulations for the accomplishment). I reread it and fell in love with the characters all over again, and knew that 8 years of writing experience needed to be implemented, and a rewritten version of the story that started my love of writing needed to happen. 

I considered editing the existing version, but I felt that it needed to stay, because at one time of my life, I was incredibly proud of myself. I also think that it might be a good thing to use to compare my skills at 14 vs my skills now at 22. And it will also show others just how much they can improve over the years if they keep writing. 

So this is for 14 year old me, who wrote a bad-ass story, published it, and stood strong while people enjoyed it or critiqued it, or put me down for it.

I am proud of the story I told at 14, and I cannot wait to share the story I am telling now at 22. 

So if you're bored, read the original story and then join us for the newer version. Or follow this story as I post and when its finished, go back and read the original, its up to you.

Never give up on what you believe in!

- Kialanijai xo