chapter three

CLOSED HEARTS
Enemies with a Common Goal

       It had been six days since Draco and Adalina had discovered Audon's secret and they had made a foolproof plan in order to catch him

It had been six days since Draco and Adalina had discovered Audon's secret and they had made a foolproof plan in order to catch him. After all it was Adalina who had planned around 98% of it. The other two percent being Draco volunteering to watch the plan work itself out.

  Also, during those four days which they spent planning, their relationship had gone from complete enemies to enemies united with one common goal.

Their bicker and banter, their shared glares, witty remarks and repulsed feelings against one another were still completely present. They just had to learn to work together in order to execute their plan.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Draco asked Adalina regarding the part of their plan in which Adalina had to flirt with Audon's son.

"Well of course, like I have explained for the thousandth time. Audon will follow us into the maze and when we get him near where our parents are, I'll leave Jacob alone. Audon will go on to scold him for hanging around with me, talk a little about his plan and our father's will hear." Adalina explained like it was the most obvious thing in the world, which in her mind it was.

"How are you sure he'll expose his plan? What if Jacob doesn't know his father's intention?" He asked smugly, looking for a fault in her plan in order to rub it in her face.

"He knows and Audon will." Was all she said.

"How are you so sure?" He pressured her again.

"Jacob likes to spill secrets from time to time, when I bat my eyelashes at him." She replied, teasingly winking at him. Draco scrunched his face up in disgust. "Of course he didn't tell me much, but his words were enough to let me know that he's aware of his father's plan."

"I can't believe you would flirt with a muggle, actually I can believe it. After all your family is full of blood traitors." He replied; she shot him a glare.

"Shut up, you blasted doofus!" She exclaimed exasperated. She calmed herself down before staring at him and speaking again. "We need to work together in order for this plan to work, if I can control myself to not stab you with a knife then you can hold back your narcissistic remarks for at least a minute." She told him in a more calm manner, he stared at her intensely before sighing.

"Fine, whatever you say Astro." He replied, she smiled in satisfaction and went to retire into the bookshelves, but stopped at the sound of Draco's voice. "You're the one, who's a doofus." He said, she turned back to look at him annoyed. "You did say a minute and exactly one minute passed."  He shrugged and shot her a playful smirk, and for the first time Adalina actually laughed at something he said rather than laugh at him.

  It was the next day and Adalina was walking alongside the entrance of the maze, which was located in the back of the castle, looking at the different types of flowers that were planted. She could see Jacob walking over to her, as she leaned down to take a closer look at the flowers.