chapter five

CLOSED HEARTS
Choir and Professors

       All the Hogwarts students sat in the Great Hall as Professor Flitwick instructed the Hogwarts Band

  All the Hogwarts students sat in the Great Hall as Professor Flitwick instructed the Hogwarts Band. Adalina and Mack watched proudly from their table, as Nova sang. Giant smiles decorating their faces, they were extremely proud of their best friend.

During Adalina's first three years at Hogwarts she had gotten close with many students, mostly from Ravenclaw but a few here and there from other houses such as Hufflepuff. Who could truly despise Hufflepuff?

The three friends she had made on the train during her first year, no longer were considered her friends. Seeing as they were too busy getting themselves into trouble and saving the world. They would all occasionally spend time together: in class, during lunch periods, etc. Yet they weren't close enough.

Adalina had also learned over the years that not all Slytherin members were evil. In fact she had made herself acquainted with many members, most specifically Elijah Crabbe.

A fifth year slytherin who thrived for mischief. He wasn't like his younger brother at all, sure he was a Slytherin but he was probably the sweetest one out there. He had his devious and intimidating moments, but in the end he would always be there to help you. Some people even wondered if the hat had made the right choice to place him there.

During the years Adalina had also learned to be more confident in herself and to be proud of who she was. Her house made her want to be the best version of herself, to always strive for success.

Yet she had become more stubborn, she did not like to be told she was wrong. If you were to even tell her that, she would probably not talk to the person who said it for a really long time. Mack Van Jong had learned his lesson to not tell Adalina when she was wrong, during their second year.

During a Potions class, Adalina had accidentally grabbed the wrong ingredient and before she could put in the next ingredient Mack stopped her telling her about the mistake. Adalina glared at him intensely and kept eye contact with him, as she threw the other ingredient in.

When nothing happened she smirked at him and scoffed returning to her potion, when all of the sudden the potion let out a red gas knocking everyone in the room out except Adalina and Mack, both of them panick as they saw Professor Snape fall to the floor along with their classmates unconscious.

Adalina didn't talk to Mack for a month, she knew he didn't have any fault and that it was hers for not listening. Yet she couldn't face the embarrassment and chose to not speak to him instead.

For Mack it was living hell not talking to her, after all she was his best friend – along with Nova. But who else was he going to talk about his secret crush? Who was he going to rant to about Nova's habit of spilling secrets? That was the reason why he didn't tell Nova such matters.