Carmelita Spats

I packed a bag with canned peaches and boarded a tram heading for the Mortmain Mountains. The temperature dropped steadily as we approached the icy mountains, the cool wind blowing my hair. Hope rose inside me as I pictured meeting the members of VFD and maybe even Isadora and Duncan. 

"Mortmain Mountains," the tram driver called. 

I stood up and headed out onto the snowy landscape. I should have packed some extra jumpers, I thought to myself, shivering as I began the extensive hike up the mountains. 

After only five or so minutes I heard a young girls voice saying "Hurry up, Brucie! We must make it in time for False Spring!"

I snuck over to them to work out who they were and what was happening. It seemed that a group of young girls were on some sort of scout trip. I secretly snuck into the group, hoping they could show me the safest way to the top of the mountain, and maybe even the headquarters. No-one even noticed I was there! The girl I had heard before was a brat named Carmelita Spats. She acted as though she was the leader, and went around calling everyone cake sniffers. I tried to refrain from strangling her as I didn't want to draw attention. Eventually they stopped for the night in a small cave on the side of one of the mountains. A while later, a young girl and boy around my age stumbled into the cave, and I suppose you already know what happens next. 

_________________________________________________________

I'm sorry it took so long for this final part! I hope you all enjoyed this short story from Quigley's perspective! Xx