F O U R T E E N

His lips were on mine faster than you could count to three.

It was hesitant at first, testing the waters by moving his lips ever so slightly. But when I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck he sped up. It was not like a full make out session but a sweet, tender embrace that showed just how much he appreciated me.

He was the one to pull back as he took a deep breath, "Oh my gosh... I actually did it." I had never seen him smile so wide before. It was a cheek to cheek grin as he got up and yanked me to my feet picking up my crutches he held me by my waist.

"I like you." He whispered softly under his breath, his eyes glazed over, still in his small wonderland.

"I hope you just don't like me mister, because I have fallen pretty hard for you as well. Literally and figuratively speaking."

Laughing to my own joke I peaked his cheek once more, but before I could pull back his hand was on the small of my back, his lips pressed against my forehead lovingly.

"I love you to the stars and back. I have wanted to tell you from the first time I met you."

His eyes shown with admiration and I couldn't help but hide my face within his warm plaid shirt. Wrapping his arms around me he gently swayed my back and forth, still clutching onto he instruments I use for walking.

"Once you get out of these wretched wooden torture traps, I'm going to go dancing with you, a real dance. Maybe at a gala, or perhaps just in the meadow near our houses. But I want you to experience everything you miss right now."

"How about another kiss?" Raising my eyebrow in a teasing manner I see him shake his head and lean down to my ear.

"It would be my pleasure to kiss you to infinity and back, my lady." And with that he gave me yet again another star spinning kiss.

His lips were soft, probably softer than mine, as he gently laid his palm onto my torn up skin.

"Even though you may have scars, they will be art works, carved onto your flawless skin. Utterly unique, different, and the thing I will always love about you."

The rest of the evening was a blur of gently caresses and sweet words. It was a time of nothing but happiness, glee, and euphoria.

It felt as if I was on cloud nine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the early morning I laid awake. My back against my plush bed as I mindlessly stare at my ceiling. I had done it.

I confessed and kissed her all in the same night.

That has to be some world record right there.

Getting up I notice five little balls of furry destruction all crowded around me.

"What the blast is this-"

But I was quickly cute off as one of them-- the blue coated one to be specific-- handed me a bunch of flowers. They were carnations that I had nurtured all of winter and early spring of last year.

They were always finicky and would wither if I ever turned around for to long.

The rabbit pushed the flowers in my face while I quickly gabbed ahold of them as I pushed the flea ridden rodents away form me.

You don't know where they have been. They could have been shifting through a garbage can for all I know.

"I get it! I get it, I'm gettin' up."

Dressing in some slacks, a polo with some tan khakis, I open my door my front door only to be surprised with Charlotte's presence.

"How did you know I was here, I didn't even knock." She looked as beautiful as ever, her hair were in little curls and she was sporting her homey fashion of sweatpants and a oversized t-shirt.

"I was actually going to give you these," Holding out my hand she looked questionably at the flowers.

"The rabbits got you those-- did they not?" Raising my eyebrow I shot her a questioning glance as she unveiled the same type of flowers in her hands.

"They got me these this morning, from your garden no doubt, I want to surprise you with these." Holding out two pieces of paper I looked closer to realize the were tickets for a luxury liner, from England to America-

"You were serious!" I exclaimed, it was always my dream to go to America, but I put that on the back burner once I lost my job. Living off of your estranged great-uncle's money only goes so far.

"Why of course, you silly," smacking my arm ever so gently I brought my hand up to caress her scabbed over cheek.

"It's looking better you know, in no time at all, it will be right as reign."

"I shall hold you to your word Thomas." Smiling gleefully she took my flowers and shoved hers into my arms. "That was a fun flower exchange but we must be getting ready our boat leaves in three hours."

"Three hours! I am not even packed"

"Don't worry McGregor, I'll buy you clothes there if you want, country clothes might not be taken so lightly in New York." She threw me a goofy girl as she hobbled her way into my house. Her crutches making a thumping sound as she moved about.

"I'll be right back-"

"You better hurry McGregor" looking out of my living room window she looked back at me, "I estimated the ride to Portland harbor to take two and a half hours."

And with that I was off, scrounging around my room to find my old suits and other amenities I would need for this trip.

Damn this ambitious girl, she will someday be the death of me.

Finding my old leather luggage bag I threw in everything I needed. From toiletries to shirts and pants. All of it was haphazardly throw in without a care in the world if they got wrinkled. I was too excited to care... I was going to the Americas.

For the first time!

Rushing down the grand stair case with my bag in toe I was met with the sight of Charlotte glaring down the five rabbits that were equally staring at her as harshly.

Clearing my throat I tired to break the miniature glaring contest. "Excuse me-"

"These rabbits are just little devils aren't they..."

The largest of the five blew a raspberry as he threw a piece of greenery at the woman. It didn't go very far but it was the effort that was noticed.

"Lets go before this escalates." Grabbing her arm I tug her in the direction of my door. "Wait," stopping dead in my tracks I paused and looked at her, "how are we going to get there, if I drive my truck-"

"No worries, I called a friend to help us," looking past her I saw a taxi cab waiting there with a younger looking fellow.

"I 'ear you were lookin' for a ride," He smiled a crooked grin while tipping his hat to the side.

"Wow, you think of everything don't you." Looking down at the short, energetic ball of light, she merely gazed up at me. A dreamy look upon her face.

"I'm going to leave all of my belongings here, I'll just take my passport and wallet. Don't want to luge all of my things back to my condo."

"A condo?" I questioned while closing the front door and locking it. We traveled down the stairs and to the car were the young man picked up my suitcase and hauled it to the trunk.

"I haven't told you much about my life back there, huh."

"No, but you have time to tell me." Sitting in the back of the taxi, the worn seats smelling of pine from the old fragrance dangler in the front.

"Lets start," tapping her finger to her chin in thought, "with my condo, then about my grand plan for us. I want to show you everything."

And with that we were off.

The future was brighter than I ever thought possible.