F I F T E E N

After the long and exhausting boat ride later we arrived back at the familiar port I had left not so long ago.

The smells of fish and the constant talking of people flooded my senses as I found my bearings.

This was where it all started. This was where I sealed my fate and got on a ship and. travels half way across the world. It all lead me in a circle. But u circle was more complete.

Not the hollow, gaping hole that used to haunt me day and night. No. It was fuller, full of adventure and lightness. I haven't felt this way in a long time. Thomas showed me how to live again. That city life was no meant for everybody. That maybe, just maybe, the city life was the wrong choice for me.

"Come on Thomas, cabs here are shot to come by so hurry up." I chuckled to myself seeing the man out of his element as he stared at the large buildings and busy streets. People all bustling about as they trudged though the snow and hoards of others.

Hailing a cab, the dungy man merely grumbled under his breath as he sat there with his hand outstretched for money.

Giving him fifteen bucks I waited for Thomas to put his luggage in the back before letting him get in first. Folding my crutches to the side I hopped in after him.

I totally forgot about the snow issue, guess my time in that sunny rural town made me forget the sorrows of this place. McGregor even seemed to stand out amongst the finely dressed men and women that strutted about the walkways.

It took us thirty minutes for us to arrive at the brilliant building of Chalabange the beautiful lights shinned against the cloud covered sky that was still blessing us with white flakes of ice. The crazy driving had made me slightly queasy but not as green as the man beside me.

Perhaps going on a boat and traveling with a rough house driver was not the best option.

Getting out of the familiar path I had walked thousands of times I hobbled over so McGregor could get out as well.

The taxi driver almost drove off with the man's luggage still in the truck if it was not for his constant protests and pleads for the grubby man to open the trunk. In the end he did but it was just a funny sight to behold.

"This better be worth it Charlotte," he huffed as his pale cheeks tinted with pink. "It's freezing out here."

"Well let me just show you probably the warmest place on Earth," 'walking' to the front doors I pushed them open with my shoulder and let McGregor go through first as he seemed the coldest between he two of us.

"Wow." His eyes glanced every which way trying to soak in all of the details and engravings that scaled the walls and glasswork windows all the way up to the ornate ceiling and chandelier.

"Welcome's to Chalabange Thomas." I whispered lightly putting my hand on his shoulder.

Looking down at me he gave me a quick smile before walking forward and running his hand along the etched glass. "This is beautiful Charlotte... truly."

"Charlotte?" A familiar voice made its' self known. "Is that you?"

Shiny polished shoes and all the six foot man came from one of the booths that was littered in paper work.

What the hell was he doing here?

And there he stood, his blond hair swept to the side trying to hide the fact his hair thinning, his sparkling blue eyes raked over me but mostly spent the most time analyzing at my disfigured face. "What are you doing here?"

He chuckled nervously as he approached me, paying no mind to my English companion. It made my blood boil just at the sight of his pompous structure. He was my first boy friend. The very first to teach me never but faith in humanity, it will always let you down.