Chapter 13: What next?

"What happened?!?"screamed Ross. Trott stuttered" He's.....he's.....been in.....a....a....a car crash...,"we need to go.....WE NEED TO GO NOW!"
The two ran to the car a hastily drove to the emergence room. Trott slammed his hands on the front desk."Wheres Alex Smith!!". The woman simply typed something into her computer, her smug look quickly turn into a sensitive,friendly face,"Oh if could please take a seat,i'll bring you to him in just a minute". After that she went away. Trott was on the verge of tears."Its ok" Ross whispered but he didn't listen.
The woman came back with a doctor. They sat beside the duo and explained Alex's condition."You see he's in a pretty bad state and well......at the moment......he's.........well he.......it doesn't look like he will make it." Trott just stood there, his eyes burry with tears."If you would like, You can see him?". All Trott could do was nod and follow.
Smiths room was white, but dull. All that sat in the room was a small green plant and a mangled Smith. Smith was awake and talking. He didn't look to bad."Trott! Your here!" Trott ran to his lover."I won't leave you! I promise!"
They talked and talking, until Smith reached out and said,"Im tired". With that his head fell back. The nurse arrived and shooed Trott away. Soon after leaving the room, a flurry of doctors and nurses swarmed the room.
"Ross? Do ya think Smith will make it?" Ross looked up and shook his head. Trott made a dash for the exit."Where are you going?!?" Yelled Ross,
"I'm off to buy a suit!"
"Why?"
"For the funeral............"
Both of them knew, he was weak and in pain. He was going, and going fast.