"Step away from the cookies." (Chance)

Christmas time meant baking cookies with Chance and Brooklyn all month long. It was something you always did with Chance with the help of your moms when you were kids but once you were old enough to do it on your own, they left it up to you guys. This tradition was something that just stuck with you guys and eventually included Brooklyn when she became old enough to help with the dough balls. Depending on Emma's schedule, she usually joins in too and it can sometimes become a big family event if Chance's sisters and Emma's brothers want to join in.

This year was a little different though. You had unfortunately caught a cold which meant you wouldn't be helping out with the cookies to prevent spreading your germs all over them. You had to watch from the living room as Chance and Brooklyn made cookies on live for all of the lifelines to watch. It bummed you out that you had to sit out but at least you get cookies minus the work so that's a positive thing.

"Where's Y/n?" Chance read out loud as he continued to scoop the cookie dough out of the tub and onto the baking sheet for Brooklyn to roll.

"She is currently back there in the living room watching Christmas movies with Presley because she is sick and we don't want her germs getting all over the cookies." he said while pointing at your tiny figure on the screen sitting on the couch with Presley.

While Chance continues to scoop out the dough, Brooklyn quietly and stealthily steals the chocolate chips from the dough before continuing to do her job. This continues on for another 5 minutes before Chance notices everyone commenting on it and he catches her in the act.

"What are you doing?" he says just as Brooklyn places another chocolate chip in her mouth.

"Nothing."

"I don't believe you. Have you been stealing the chocolate chips again? That's the last one ok? Don't want you getting sick."

She nods and begins rolling the dough into balls again.

Eventually they finish and Chance puts everything in the oven before they join you guys on the couch to watch another movie. Throughout the movie you could see Brooklyn squirming from the corner of your eye and you knew she was just dying to eat the cookies that were taken out 5 minutes earlier. After a few more minutes of her squirming you see her get up and leave the room. Assuming she went to the bathroom, none of you bothered to question it. After she had been gone for too long, Chance decided to get up and check on her.

"Step away from the cookies." you heard Chance say before turning your head around and making your way to the kitchen. Once you step into the room you see Brooklyn on a chair reaching for the fresh baked cookies.

"I want to bring one to Y/n because she didn't get to help us this time." she explains while putting the cookie back on the cooling rack and slightly pouting.

"That's really nice Brooklyn but you can't climb on the chairs like that. Especially when no one is watching you because you could fall off and hurt yourself." you said as you walked over to the two of them.

You reach over Brooklyn and grab a plate out of the cupboard before filling it with enough cookies for the four of you. After that you made your way to grab cups and poured milk in them all.

"Now come on. Help me bring your cup into the living room so we can eat cookies with milk and watch more movies with pop (that's what Brooklyn calls Presley) alright?" she nodded and did as told.

"Thanks for the cookies Chance. I swear next year they'll be even better cause I won't be sick." you said jokingly before returning to the living room with him trailing behind you.

----------------------------