A peaceful afternoon

Not so far from Garden Lodge.

-I think we should stop Freddie, all these jackets make me ridiculous, huffed the Irishman.

-Oh don't be so dramatic darling, we'll eventually find you one, replied his boyfriend still enthusiastic.

Jim took off the jacket without much hope, it was already the third store and he still hadn't found what he wanted. He looked right to left again without being too interested by the jackets or even in sweaters then Freddie reappeared with a gray shirt.

-Here, try that one.

Jim was surprised by his enthusiasm but he tried on the garment anyway, Freddie watched him do it silently then when he was ready he asked him to turn around. He examined his man like a work of art examining every seam, every crease and a large smile lit up his face.

-Perfect darling, he said quietly. Gray suits you very well.

-Do you think I look smart, Jim allowed himself to ask.

-Yes you are but nobody look as smart as me in a leather jacket, sneered the singer, rubbing his right shoulder.

Once this little shopping was over, the two lovebirds continued their journey as if they were alone in the world. Many times they would sit on a bench to discussing trivial matters and mostly the concert in Japan which had been a huge success for the group. 

But of course often when you were famous, there was always little unforeseen to deal with and Freddie was often approached by several young women who showered him with compliments and sweet words. It might be childish in the long run but at least Jim wasn't jealous because he knew he was the rockstar's true love.

.Sorry to make you go through this dear, said Freddie with a real sorry voice.

-Don't worry, I don't mind. But tell me, do all the women who admire turn around you like that?

-Fortunately not! But I must admit that it has calmed down a lot in the last few years, when I was younger some tried to climb on the stage to give me a hug or even they would jostle for a simple kiss.

-Really, wondered Jim calmly. This is insane anyway, it looks like they would kill each other just for an autograph.

-And you never saw us in our early days of glory in America and Japan, added Freddie proudly. We received thousand of marriage proposal and in addition they asked us for autographs on their buttocks.

Jim opened his eyes wide, sure he had misheard.

-Are you kidding me? On their buttocks?!

-I'm serious darling! Four youngs boys who loved to break the rules and be provocative, it makes noise. And yet it was only by shocking everyone that we made ourselves know, he paused and resumed. If we just did the stereotype of the rock band in leather and diamond it would have been overwhelmingly arrogant.

-And is it the rockstar in thight and slippers who says this?

The Irishman's smirk began to reveal itself and the singer gave him a indignant look.

-Don't start doing your Roger Taylor or you're going to have problem my dear...!

-I'm just summarizing your words, said Jim raising his hands in appeasement.

-But honestly despite that, it was very hard for us: especially for me and Deaky.

-Because he was discreet?

-He was barely 20 years old when he met us. Despite his incredible shyness he had exceptional talent and that's why I decided to take him under my wing, and yet the press persisted to calling him the most useless member in the group, explained Freddie in a clearly bitter voice.