Chapter 7

I arrived early to Dallon's house to help him set up. I put our assorted snacks and helped him decide what kind of pizza to order. Dallon cleared a space in the middle of his living room and refused to tell me why.

“My parents are out visiting my aunt Genevive in Florida for the weekend,” he explained as he pushed the coffee table against the wall. “That gives me pleanty of time to clean this place up before they get back.”

I nodded in response.

“Can you go into the kitchen and get me the phone,” Dallon asked.

I nodded and shuffled into the kitchen. The phone was laying on the counter just as we left it after we ordered the pizza. I brought the phone to Dallon and continued to lay out snacks. As Dallon dialed the phone I headed back into the kitchen to grab a two liter of Dr. Pepper and some red solo cups. Dallon gestured for me to lay them out on the dining room table. He hung up the phone and left it face down on the coffee table.

“Who was that,” I inquired.

“Becca.” He acted as if I was supposed to know who she was.

“Whos Becca?”

“This girl in my Biology class. She’s a cutie.”

Oh, so it’s Dallon’s girl for the night… I get it.

Everytime Dallon has a party he picks one girl to treat like a princess for the night, and then they become just friends. He’s not an asshole about it though, he’s just really suave with them or something.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell being rung by the first guest.

“Can you get that,” Dallon asked. “I have to get some stuff from the garage.”

I nodded and opened the door, letting Ray and a couple girls that I’ve never spoken to before into the house.Both brunettes.

“Hey man,” Ray said. “Where’s Dallon?”

“Garage.” I motioned in the direction of the garage door and Ray nodded. I’m gonna go see what he’s up to.”

The two girls followed Ray to the garage leaving me alone. I started nibbeling on the chips as I waited for them to come back. The door was left unlocked and Dallon must’ve notified people about that because they began to just walk in. Once a few people were gathered in the living room Dallon, Ray, and the two girls reentered the room.

“Did Becca get here yet,” Dallon asked.

“I’m telling ya man, I don’t know who Becca is.”

“Okay, well we took the booze out. It’s in the dining room if you want some.”

Lots of parents don’t approve of Dallon’s parties because, well, he takes a few too many risks and he’s a little too young to do some of the things he doesBut when it comes to cleaning up and consequences Dallon takes all the responsibility.

I followed Dallon into the dining room just as a veguely familiar girl entered the room.

“Hey Dallon,” she said in a friendly tone.

“Becca,” Dallon cheered, wrapping his arms around her nightmare before christmas sweatshirt clad torso. Becca brushed some black and purple hair out of her eyes and tucked it behind her ear, revealing thick, black winged eyeliner. Just then I remembered where I saw Becca before. She was the girl I saw during the power outage when I was walking around with my brother and his friends. Dallon grabbed her hand and dragged her away from everybody else just as the doorbell rang.

Whoever this is must’ve never been to one of Dallon’s parties.

I opened the door and my eyes met with that of Frank Iero. The guy I sat next to in science.

“Hey, man,” I greeted him as he stepped inside. “You know you didn’t have to ring the doorbell,” I joked.

“Oh,” he mumbled shyly.

I lead him into the living room where everyone was gathered.

“Want something to drink,” I offered.

“Sure.”

I then proceeded to lead Frank into the dining room where all the drinks were laid out.

We each grabbed a solo cup and filled it up with booze before returning to the living room, where Dallon was standing on a table preaching something to everyone at the party.

“Everyone sit in a circle. Can somebody get that empty beer bottle from the kitchen. Where’s Mason?”

Everybody followed his orders and circled up.