The Hot Jerk Falls For The Hot Nobody 26

Chapter 26

Dread

            It was now the New Year’s Eve, and everyone spent the entire day preparing for the New Year. Mr. and Mrs. West were out buying stuff for the food for New Year’s dinner, and Arvin, Juliette, and Skye were left with a list of chores pinned on a small corkboard outside their rooms.

            “I’m supposed to clean the kitchen and living room,” Juliette said when the three of them went to see what chores they were left with. “What’s yours?” She asked Skye.

            “The yard, bathroom, and the bedrooms,” Skye replied. “Why are you one place short?”

            “That’s because I have the laundry room,” Arvin chimed in. “I’m supposed to do the laundry.”

            “Well then, shall we start?” Skye said, raising a hand, and the three of them made high fives and went off to their designations.

            Juliette’s first task was to polish the granite panels of the kitchen. When she first entered the room, it was nearly spotless, save for a sheen of oil slicks and food stains that weren’t removed from the counters by mere wiping. And then there’s the hazy cabinet glass insets that needs polishing.

            “Well, then,” Juliette said, cracking her knuckes. “Let’s begin.”

            She went on one of the lower kitchen cabinets and got a rag and some spray-on counter-top polisher and started to wipe all counters spotless.

            “Big sis!” Arvin called from the laundry room out in the back. “Can you help me?”

            “Coming!” Juliette said out loud as she went to the laundry room. When she came, she saw Arvin having trouble lifting a huge pile of clothes.

            “You might get swamped,” Juliette chuckled. “Here, I’ll dunk it in.”

            “Thanks,” Arvin replied.

            When they had the washer up and running, Juliette went back to finish cleaning the counter tops. When she decided that all counter tops were spotless, she moved on to the cabinet doors.

            “Juliette!” Skye called from the stairs.

            “Yes?” Juliette called back. When Skye didn’t answer, she went up. He found him in the bathroom bent down on the drain of the bath tub.

            “What’s up?” Juliette asked.

            “There’s a small rubber ball stuck inside the drain,” Skye replied. “I managed to pull it about a quarter of the way, but it’s stuck. Can you get me a pair of pliers and some oil?”

            Juliette ran down to get what Skye needed, and then she went up with the pliers and the oil.

            “Pour some oil on it,” Skye instructed. Juliette poured a small amount on the ball. And then, she gave Skye the pliers.

            Skye tugged at the ball, but it just went about halfway though, and he couldn’t pull it anymore. Seeing the difficulty, Juliette held Skye around the waist and pulled. They heard a loud thunk, and the ball was free.

            The ball came free so suddenly that the both of them toppled backward, and Skye fell butt-first on the floor, and Juliette fell on top of him in between his legs.