The Hot Jerk Falls For The Hot Nobody 8

Chapter 8

Realize

Skye was becoming restless all night, and the one sleeping next to him in one bed is making it much worse.

He can’t make head or tail of it. Yes, she’s still with Jenna, and he still loves her, but somehow, there’s something that’s making him feel something stronger when he’s with Juliette that with Jenna.

Long before Juliette came to the school, Jenna was his whole world, as he was Jenna’s whole world. For a time, they felt that what they had was real, and that they were right for each other. But then, some things are too good to last, and Jenna became so lost to his love that somehow, he began to question whether or not it was real. So great was Jenna’s desperation to keep their love for each other that she joined the cheerleading squad, changed her old, nice, and kind self into something not entirely the one Skye had fell in love with at all. He wasn’t liking it one bit.

It was the reason why he changed so much. He wasn’t such a jerk face like Juliette had found and experienced. He was a true good guy, but so great was his aversion to the new version of Jenna that he began to be so cocky and so full of it, just so he could make Jenna hate him and break up with him. But Jenna hat turned this change into the reason she called his way of “loving” her, as she now had bad-ass personality up her list of boyfriend standards.

Now he became trapped in his own self, as he cannot escape Jenna without escaping who he had become.

It was in this time that Juliette came, and it was making him quite an unstable personality at the moment, because Juliette, as he had found out, can find ways to pierce through his pretenses and make himself reveal who he truly is, and now…

What is Juliette to me really? Was the biggest question inside his head that kept on bugging him until he was too exhausted to understand anything and fall soundly asleep.

Juliette woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs, and toasted bread.

Juliette stretched and yawned as she got up. Lying in front of her was prop-up tray of food.

“Oh, you’re awake,” Skye said as he got out of the bathroom all freshened up. “I didn’t want to wake you up to walk down the cafeteria just yet, so I asked for a personal food delivery.”

“A student’s allowed to do that?” Juliette asked.

“When a dorm mate is too sick or much injured, they or the person they’re sharing a room with can call for one,” Skye replied matter-of-factly. He then pointed to a telephone screwed down on the wall above the side table in between their beds.

“Oh. Well, in that case, Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it.”

Juliette began to eat, and while she was eating, she could feel Skye’s eyes on her all the time. Hating to feel conscious while eating, she cleared her throat pointedly.

“Skye,” Juliette said. “Why are you looking at me?”

“I just like looking at you,” Skye replied curtly, his expression deep in some unreadable emotion.

She tried to ignore Skye, and it worked to an extent. She doesn’t have any grace when she eats, and it made her eat her food slower as she had an audience and didn’t want to show anything disgraceful.

When she finished, he called for the cafeteria again to pick up the tray, and five minutes later, a cafeteria personnel arrived and took the tray away.

“Oh, yeah,” Skye said as he remembered something. “The nurse stopped by to give you your crutch so you can walk around school tomorrow.”

“How about today?”

“The nurse said you should take one more bed rest for today.”

“Oh, okay.”

Skye then went and plonked down his own bed. He picked up a magazine and began reading.

“Um, Skye?” Juliette called Skye’s attention.

“What is it?” He responded.

“Don’t you need to go somewhere today?”

“Nope. Why’d you ask?”

Juliette was twirling her thumbs.

“You know you still have a life,” Juliette pointed out with uncertainty. “And I know Jenna will be expecting you anytime today. She’s your girlfriend after all.”

Skye’s eyes were warped into confusion as what to choose between Juliette and Jenna.

“You should go,” Juliette encouraged her. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Alex and the others are going to find out soon, and they’ll be keeping me company,” Juliette added, as she was seeing Skye’s reluctance to go.

Skye, seeing no point in arguing further, just sighed and went up and out of their dorm; however, he hadn’t got a yard’s distance when someone in a bitterly hard tone called out his name.

“Skye,” the voice was familiar; he would know it anywhere. It belonged to Alex.

“Do you want something?” Skye asked stiffly as he turned to where Alex was, which was at the corner of a corridor rounding to the corridor going to his dorm.

“Juliette’s hurt,” he said.

“I know that. What’s it to you?”

Alex walked up to him. He was two inches taller than he was and a tad leaner. It was looking ugly.

“I know that she was hurt because of you,” Alex sneered.

“Why would you come up to that conclusion?” Skye asked, his last good nerve nearly fading away.

“Why don’t you ask your girlfriend?” Alex answered with another question.

Skye was momentarily silenced, as he couldn’t understand why Alex was acting like this. He was his former best friend, so it doesn’t make sense to him why he was acting this strange… unless…

“Do you like Juliette?” Skye asked.

Alex was sidetracked and stumped both at the same time. He didn’t want to give anything away, especially in front of Skye, as he is sure to find it out by just looking at him, and most especially, he didn’t want to give away how he felt towards Juliette.

So irritated by how their conversation turned out that Alex turned and stormed off.

“Don’t think this is over,” Skye threatened to Alex’s retreating figure. “I know you like Juliette, and don’t think that you alone have those feelings for her…”

Alex stopped for a moment, and then he started walking off again.

“Because… I also have those feelings,” Skye added in a voice only for no one to hear but him.

Now, the rift between Alex and Skye just got deeper.